Solved

Keep getting notification on my phone: SecureAnywhere Important Update Available

This notification is relentless, alerting me every five minutes! I’m not 100% sure it’s even coming from Webroot.  It’s telling me to download the new app from Play Store, Launch the new app and create an account (already have an account, why is it asking me to create a new account?), and remove the retired app. Is this really coming from Webroot, or am I being scammed?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 4 October 2022, 00:44

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I am on Android and have not experienced this on an Android at this time. 

There is an ongoing issue with account notifications on the Windows PC app. I thought the Windows  one had been fixed but the nag returned yesterday.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@mfleck_2000 

Everyone on the older android version <6.0 will be upgraded to at least 6.0.

If you have any issues with this upgrade please reach out to support by creating a ticket or over the phone

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Yes.  All of a sudden today I have be continually getting notices an my Android which seem to come from the Secure Anywhere App the seem to indicate that I need to immediately install a new app.  The notice is as follows:

Webroot

SecureAnywhereMobile

App update required

Upgrade for free ….

.Secure built-in brouwser…

.Reduced impact to modern device batteries

--[Continue button]--

This is a strange way to have me update.  Seems like it could be a hacker trying to get me to do something

Why no email?

Why not an automatic update, …?

Why can’t I find more information on the Internet --e.g. at webroot site about what is happening??"???

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @chipecox 

Yes the old version of Webroot for Android is getting EOL in August and it is an entirely new APK and will not auto update. It has to be manually downloaded from the PlayStore. We are currently in the process of making a FAQ and will have it posted on this community when it is ready. 

@mfleck_2000

Everyone on the older android version <6.0 will be upgraded to at least 6.0.

If you have any issues with this upgrade please reach out to support by creating a ticket or over the phone

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

I have the reoccurring message that I need to update despite updating on my phone. I tried to log on to submit a ticket. The system accepts my email address but then will not let me past the password stage. If I log on to my dashboard using the same password no issues with the password??  My phone will not let me clear the notification manually without blocking all notifications from webroot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@Steve Reeder Have you read our FAQ on this?

As far as support ticketing system that uses another set of passwords and is separate from your Webroot my account. Feel free to reset that password, but that FAQ above might solve your issues

Userlevel 2

I have already installed the new update, but I keep getting these notifications that there is an update available. Why does it keep popping up?

SecureAnywhere Notification on cellphone-1

SecureAnywhere Notification on cellphone-2

It’s so annoying.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I have already installed the new update, but I keep getting these notifications that there is an update available. Why does it keep popping up?

It’s so annoying.

Did you remove the older v5 version as the new version v6 doesn’t have an Icon up there anymore? The SecureWeb browser should be removed as well as it’s part of the old version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.secureweb

About this app

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THIS UPDATE

This app will be retired in August 2022.
Userlevel 2

It’s so annoying.

Did you remove the older v5 version as the new version v6 doesn’t have an Icon up there anymore? The SecureWeb browser should be removed as well as it’s part of the old version. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.secureweb

About this app

IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THIS UPDATE

This app will be retired in August 2022.

Thank you. That’s what the problem was. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Glad you got this figured out and uninstalled the outdated app 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Glad you got it sorted! 👽