light bulb

Did You Know?

Topics: 22
Kudos: 155
Solutions: 4
Accepted Solution

Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I've been having this error in google chrome since 2 weeks ago when there was an update for the browser.

Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

People say it's related to the new SSL modifications google is doing.

People on other forums are saying to disable SSL scanning in anti virus software from another brand and I do not see this option in Webroot.

There was someone that didn't have the other brand was mentioned and they had yet another brand that had the same issue.

Anyone here on Google chrome that has this error? 

Sr. Community Guide

Topics: 211
Kudos: 4,827
Ideas: 9
Solutions: 230

Re: Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hi Remixed

Do not use Chrome (for many reasons) but this error seems to have been in the news since mid last November at least with other AVs/ISs.  If it is for the same reasons then I would open a Support Ticket to see what the Support/Development Teams have to say about it, since as far as I know you are correct and there is no way to change the use of SSL scanning in WSA.

Regards

Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v8.0.8.53...+ VoodooShield v2.31l Beta....working together as the NEW perfect combination! And backed up by AX Time Machine v2.0

Thanks. I'll file a support request.

Sr. Community Guide

I got a message from suppoirt saying to disable the web scanning which is really risky and I would make a test vm for this.. however I dont have enough keys to add another for testing. I do a lot of sensitive stuff on this pc and Im weary about disabling the web sheilds.

I don't think it was a good idea for google to mess with SSL.

Sr. Community Guide

Topics: 599
Kudos: 7,331
Solutions: 599

remixedcat wrote:
I got a message from suppoirt saying to disable the web scanning which is really risky and I would make a test vm for this.. however I dont have enough keys to add another for testing. I do a lot of sensitive stuff on this pc and Im weary about disabling the web sheilds.

I don't think it was a good idea for google to mess with SSL.

Honestly the rest of WSA Shields will protect your information perfectly fine but how about trying Firefox 26 or IE do you have the same problems as I don't use Chrome either?

Daniel

coollogo_com-133794099.gif

asapvip.png  SigSVIP.png EPA.png

Webroot® SecureAnywhere™ Internet Security Complete Beta Tester v8.0.8.53 on my main system Alienware 17R2, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & HTC One M8 Android Lollipop 5.0.1 Phone v3.6.0.6675.

MVP.gif.png Microsoft® MVP Consumer Security        

Twitter1.png  Untitled-1.png  WBA.png

My ie has a problem of using a ton of processor for some reason but I'll give ff a try.

Sr. Community Guide

If you moving to FF for the reason of using less resources you going to get a big suprise!

Really? How has it been lately. Haven't used it for over a year.

Sr. Community Guide

[ Edited ]

Its awful, its slow,bloated and good luck going to any site with media content on it. Then again Chrome keeps crashing on me (also see link below :smileyhappy:

http://imgur.com/Ec5bEG7

Its multi process tho so each tab has its own process.

ARG nobody can do a browser right tho. All of them rock and suck at the same time

Sr. Community Guide