Android Beta Feedback - Spring 2017

Show first post

143 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@Confirmed it was there prior to the beta update (I did not manage to take a screenshot, that's why need to refer to the link).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@Confirmed it was there prior to the beta update (I did not manage to take a screenshot, that's why need to refer to the link).
I really can't recall if I had B&S in my programs. Maybe @ could find out if Backup & Sync was in the programs of WSAC before going to Beta?
HI smith2006,

I think the icon was a leftover from an older version? I haven't seen that icon. I just open the app to access B &S. I checked around in the settings and I don't see a way to add the icon to your app drawer or home screen. Webroot must have ditched the icon a few versions ago.

Sherry. Are you able to approve smith2006's pics so we can see them? Thanks if you can. :)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
HI smith2006,

I think the icon was a leftover from an older version? I haven't seen that icon. I just open the app to access B &S. I checked around in the settings and I don't see a way to add the icon to your app drawer or home screen. Webroot must have ditched the icon a few versions ago.

Sherry. Are you able to approve smith2006's pics so we can see them? Thanks if you can. :)

BD
Yes it's done..
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
BD I also think B&S hasn't been around for awhile. I've looked everywhere to see if it was preloaded somewhere. Nothing. ..
Thanks for unmasking the pics, Sherry. It seems that there are already different versions of the brand new Beta. 😃

I wonder where smith2006 is from? Maybe it's already tomorrow (Wednesday) where he or she is at? Or perhaps the version varies by location?

I haven't noticed any visible changes. I believe most of the changes are going on behind the scenes, so to speak.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@@

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the icon was an leftover MI am not sure?I but for sure it was there.

BTW, received another update and my copy is now 4.0.5 .8560 (from 4.1.1.8039) 
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thanks for unmasking the pics, Sherry. It seems that there are already different versions of the brand new Beta. 😃

I wonder where smith2006 is from? Maybe it's already tomorrow (Wednesday) where he or she is at? Or perhaps the version varies by location?

I haven't noticed any visible changes. I believe most of the changes are going on behind the scenes, so to speak.
A few things have changed: in General Settings. "Faster Scans" and Support Options show "Change account "and not sure if Collect and mail logs was there before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@@

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps the icon was an leftover MI am not sure?I but for sure it was there.

You're welcome..that is why we are all here to test the Android Beta and help one another.

AND you can stop tormenting me on those Beta updates ya hear? LOL:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi smith2006,

The Webroot Android User Help Guide for Backup & Sync mentions an icon on the home panel. Unless this is outdated material which I doubt since Webroot put these articles up a year or so ago. But that doesn't mean that the Webroot newer versions didn't change this...

But it sure looks like the Beta has taken the icon away. Backup & Sync is easier to open and use now without having to continously sign in with your email and password....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Thanks for the reply, Sherry. :D

There's no iisue whether the icon is there or not, the purpose of my earlier post is to find out whether it is byi-design (if it is not, easier to rectify during the early stage of beta than later ).
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI Smith2006,

You're welcome and thank you for explaining that. Sorry about that I thought you were stuck on that B & S icon. Maybe I'm the one that's concerned over it? LOL Yes you are right making sure it's by-design while in the early stages of Beta. Aha I get it! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The Android Beta hasn't updated from 4.0.5.8560.

I have unistalled/reinstalled twice already.

???
@ wrote:
The Android Beta hasn't updated from 4.0.5.8560.

I have unistalled/reinstalled twice already.

???
Hi Sherry,

I believe that's the version we all (here on this board) have. smith2006 commented that his version was now 4.0.5.8560 (perhaps version 4.1.1.8039 was his release version prior to Beta update?)

smith2006 wrote,

Perhaps we can get a confirmation from @. ;)

HTH,

BD

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Probably BD..but I would think we'd all run the same Beta version?

Thanks for your response. We will wait for Drew for confirmation. 😉
@ wrote:
Probably BD..but I would think we'd all run the same Beta version?

We are all running the same Beta version. :)

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes you and I are but Smith2006 isn't?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
My Beta version is at v4.0.5.8560 as I just installed the beta! Looking nice here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Boondabah Daniel! Thankyou so much for checking this out. Then we are all set. Bouncing around in this car..hard to type.  LOLS  ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Boondabah Daniel! Thankyou so much for checking this out. Then we are all set. Bouncing around in this car..hard to type.  LOLS  ;)
I added another picture in my above post.
Hi Sherry,

In post #33 of this thread smith2006 wrote...

@ wrote:
@@

Hi,

So I think we're all the same?

BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Great! Got it! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Oh geeze I miss read that I guess. Thanks for correction. 😉
@ wrote:
Oh geeze I miss read that I guess. Thanks for correction. ;)
You're always very welcome, Sherry.

His version, 4.1.1.8039 was the release version he (me too) had on his phone prior to the Beta update. ;)

:)BD:)

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes I understand now..some duh moments I guess. 😉 I'll wake up sometime. LOLS