Solved

Do not like Android version

• 6 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Loaded on tablet and gave it permission to access all files and then to do a complete scan.  Finished in 3 - 5 seconds and said no problems.  Didn’t show any progress or any detail of how many files it scanned, no way did it scan all files I have on this tablet.  Wasted that license!  

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 7 September 2023, 17:57

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @diverjer 

I like it because it’s simple and is always looking for bad files so IMO scans are not needed and I just let the app do what it wants to do and the time it wants to, again IMO. If you didn’t know there is a new update:

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Yes that is the version. I use on desktop Windows environment and just thought it would be the same.  Just like to do a full scan of apps and all files every so often and see if something slips by, but Malwarebytes takes care of that for me.   Was surprised that it’s not at all similar as to Windows,

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Yes that is the version. I use on desktop Windows environment and just thought it would be the same.  Just like to do a full scan of apps and all files every so often and see if something slips by, but Malwarebytes takes care of that for me.   Was surprised that it’s not at all similar as to Windows,

It’s Cloud Based and mine scans in a few seconds but it’s always on the watch for bad files or something an app is not supposed to be doing! I like that it has it’s own Browser or Chrome is supported with it’s Web Shield!

Click on pictures to see full size!

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

That is another thing, I can’t look at the summary?  I pay for 3 copies of Webroot Securanywhere for 2 years.  Then when I try it on a 2nd device, I don’t get full functions.  I don’t know if it’s doing anything or not, as near as I can tell it doesn’t show up as ever running. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

The only thing I can suggest is to contact Webroot support.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I did that and this is their answer.

For the Activity Summary Report, its not included in your subscription. Its only included for Webroot Secure Anywhere Complete subscription and above.

I don’t have Complete, just Webroot Secure Anywhere so I don’t get to see Activity Summary Report. 

That too bad, I found a free one that is better , but won’t mention name on this site as Webroot might not like it. 

Thanks for your advice, at least we know why. 

Jerry

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Okay I didn’t know as I only have Complete Subs!

Take care!