Solved

Backup & Sync

• 11 March 2014
  • 7 replies

I just downloaded Webroot Backup & Sync for iOS but cannot get the app to authenticate.  I'm entering the correct email, password, and keycode.  I've had two people verify this, but the app just returns "An error occured authenticating your account.  Please check your email address, password, and keycode and try again."

Why am I getting this message?  Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 11 March 2014, 01:32

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 5
It might be a bug with the app maybe it will be fixed but submit a ticket for now
Userlevel 7
Hi hoffc

Welcome to the Community Forums...:D

Am a little confused by what you are reporting here.  I believe that to use the iOS version (I am assuming that you are referring to the SecureWeb Browser?) of Backup & Sync requires a subscription to Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete in order to function.  If you have a subscription, enter your Online Account credentials into the app to activate those features.  If you do not have a subscription then you will not be able to use the iOS version of the feature.

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Right on Baldrick! ;)

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/complete

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webroot-secureweb-browser/id460986853?mt=8

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/backup-sync/id478387339?mt=8

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hi hoffc

Hope that you are well?

Further to the explanation provided is there anything further that we can help you with or has the answer resolved the issue/provided the guidance sought?

Feedback would, if you have the time, be gratefully accepted. ;)

Regards, Baldrick

Rookie mistake!  Yes, the issue was I have Internet Security Plus, not Complete apparently.   Cheers to Baldrick, and others, for setting me straight.  
Userlevel 7
Hi hoffc

Many thanks for taking the trouble to post back.  Glad to know that the issue is 'resolved' for you...although not perhaps sorted as such...;)

Am not trying to advertise for WSA but I was much like you and was on the old Essentials version (for those who remember) but when the new range came out it was converted to Complete...and to be honest I was not sure I would use all the functionality...and so considered a downgrade to 'Internet Security Plus', i.e., cheaper, etc...but having spent some time to investigate the additional features I decide to stay were I was given the Complete(ness ;)) of the version.

Having said that you may like to consider trialling the Complete version to see how it goes.  All you have to do is to get a trial key and enter it in your current installed version; it will rescan and open up the additional features for the trial period.  At the end of that you can go back to your licensed version by re-entering your IS Plus keycode into the installed version and it will then switch off the extra items.  Cool, eh?  For those wnating to try out the products.

However, do note that if you use the advanced features, ie, Backup & Sync, etc., whatever you Backup into the cloud will no longer be reachable when you go back to your ISP license.

So should you decide to take the plunge and 'step up' and uprade to Complete then to quote Daniel/TH (for a parallel thread)

"make sure you have your passwords saved because when you switch keycodes users loose access to passwords and Back Up & Sync if Complete it's always best to renew then you don't loose anything. If you want to upgrade just post a new thread in the Complete forum and the Webroot Staff will make sure you don't loose anything!"

But of course, that may be well down the line...if at all...;)

As I said at the begining of what has turned out to be a longer than planned post (apologies :$) I am not advertising for Webroot (I am not an employee but a volunteer) but hoping to have informed you of something useful?

Have a great day.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes, great information...didn't know that either Baldrick.. I have to keep notes everyday while I'm still grasping and learning .