Solved

Chrome PW Extension doesn't recognize my new Product Key Code

• 12 June 2014
  • 1 reply

I got a new product key code. 
I entered it in my anti-virus dashboard and updated no problem.

When my subscription ran out (on my previous product code) my Chrome Password extension failed - it doens't recognize the new product key.

I've gone so far as removing the extension, then uninstalled chrome!
I also uninstalled Webroon Anti Virus.

I then started from scratch - 
Reinstalled Webroot Anti-virus - with the new (good for 336 more days) key code 

I then reinstalled Chrome.

All fresh, all new key codes - 

Nope. Extension still says the subscription is expired.

The very frustrating thing is - the extension doesn't tell me where to go to enter the updated information FOR THE EXTENSION.  All it lets me do is try to log in again.

Help! Thanks!!
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 12 June 2014, 21:17

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi nassarox

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you were using the Password Manager and have now changed keycode then as the Password data is keyed to the keycode then the change could well have caused issues.  At best everything would work fine but you would not have access to the data stored using the previous keycode.

This is something that needs to be looked at by the Support Team so I would Open a Support Ticket ASAP, providing a link to this thread (so that you do not have to re-enter all the information you have already provided) and also providing them with previous Keycode, current/new Keycode, linked email address, and request them to check this out, and also transfer the Password data from old to new Keycode.

Hopefully they can sort this out for you.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Regards

Baldrick