Has anyone sought help and wound up chatting with someone from Vassistant Support? Bad News

• 8 November 2015
  • 2 replies

I sought help from what i thought was webroot support.  I entered chat room. 
Told them my problem.  Long story short, they got my phone #, called me and i wound up letting them  ran scan on my computer.  Then he tried to sell me a 499 dollar deal to clean up my computer. He said their company was VASSISTANT and they did the support work for WEBROOT.  Took my computer to  GEEK Squad next day...They checked it out and said nothing was wrong...when I had been told by VASSISTANT that i had over600 trojans and few of my drivers were working.

Anyone else know of these people.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dfpops43

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Sounds like you had a lucky escape and well done for getting someone reputable like The Geek Squad to check things out/give you a second opinion.

Hopefully now that you have found us in future you will come back here and check things out with us first. And by the way just to make sure that you know that if you have an issue or suspect a malware-related issue and then you can Open a Support Ticket and get Webroot Support to check things out for you.

This is a free service to all WSA users with a current/active subscription, but if your purchase of WSA was through Best Buy/The Geek Squad then they are your first port of call, and if needs be they can put you onto Webroot Support if they cannot help.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Hi dfpops43, and welcome to the forum. You have been a victim of one of  many scams making the rounds. That being said I am happy to hear that you didn't pay them.  Why did you need Webroot support and what was your original problem?