How do I open Webroot?

• 10 February 2015
  • 11 replies

When I click on the Webroot icon on my desktop, nothing happens.  How do I open the program to view status details?

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Hello  and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums!

The Webroot icon in the system tray (on the toolbar along the bottom of your screen) provides quick access to some common SecureAnywhere tasks. By right-clicking on the Webroot icon, you can view the system tray menu. (This menu displays different selections, depending on the SecureAnywhere edition you purchased.)

My computer uses Windows 8.  When I right click on the tray icon, nothing happens.
Thanks for the welcome!
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Try to run the file
C:Program FilesWebrootwrsa.exe

or

Try reinstalling Webroot
Click on the Start button and open the Control Panel. You will see either "Uninstall a Program" or "Programs and Features" - double-click whichever option you see. Select the 'Webroot' security product from the list and click 'Uninstall'.
Enter the CAPTCHA code requested and allow the uninstall to complete
Restart your computer after the uninstall is complete.

To install WSA

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online to install to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot

Not sure if it matters, but when I hover my pointer over the tray icon, it looks like this...

I'm a newbie to Windows 8.  How do I run C:Program FilesWebrootwrsa.exe ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
open file explorer

Go to the folder
C:Program FilesWebroot

or use search in win 8(Enter Webroot to search and launch application)
To start a search, just point your mouse pointer in the right hand bottom or top corner of Windows Desktop. This will bring up the Charm bar. Click Search.
Alternatively you can press Windows + C to bring up the Charm bar or Windows key + F to bring up Search immediately.

When I go to C:Program FilesWebroot, this is what I see... no .exe file.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
When I go to C:Program FilesWebroot, this is what I see... no .exe file.

It's the same one it's just in yours the extension is not shown! Are you still having issues?

Thanks,

Daniel ;)

I tried right-clicking on the tray icon today, and got the popup with the "View Status" option in the menu.  I don't know why it wouldn't work yesterday, but thank you for your assistance.  I appreciate your newbie-patience very much.
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
You're welcome
Please feel free to ask any further questions you might have.