Is there any reason NOT to delete all the [unused?] clutter in AppDataLocalTemplptemplanguages?

• 30 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Is there any reason NOT to delete all the [unused?] clutter in AppDataLocalTemplptemplanguages?
Anybody's Windoze system contains a colossal amount of fluff that takes up space and slows down backups.  Much of it is [unused, usually] language stuff, and tight coders like to get rid of such clutter.  In the case of LastPass, can it be safely removed (assuming Windoze itself doesn't make it impossible)?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello 725XZ_93y9p,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I would not remove or delete any of Webroots files. IMO. CCleaner is the best to clean up files. And if you have System Optimizer.

Please have a look here https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Every-time-I-log-on-my-computer-I-have-over-200-temp-language/m-p/219988#M19494

Let me ping @ and @and see if they can add to your question.
Userlevel 7
Hi 725XZ_93y9p

Welcome to the Community Forums.

What I would add to what Sherry has posted is...some programs keep important files in there, which may well surprise some. A good general rule when deleting such files, if you decide to do so, is to only delete the files older than the last 24 hours or so, or ones you know are not used by other programs, i.e., old installers from previously downloaded software. But personally I would not venture in there manually.

If you want to delete those sorts of files then you should use the Disk Cleanup tool (cleanmgr.exe) making sure that you select/include Temporary files. Or you can try using CCleaner to also do that. These will do what yo are looking for safely...which is the key thing.

No point having loads of free disk space if you have bricked you system. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I agree with Sherry and Baldrick!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉