Solved

Un-detected malware.

Userlevel 1
Question........................ I have some form of sophisticated virus which is knocking out  my audio. WebRoot doesn't detect it and therefore won't eliminate it. My only soloution may be a full reboot. Question: If I do have to reboot, how do I re-install WebRoot without losing the months I have already paid for.?

2nd question: why isn't WebRoot kicking this virus out?

Thank You
Mike
icon

Best answer by uncledaddy 17 July 2014, 21:33

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
WElcome to the community!

@ wrote:
Question........................ I have some form of sophisticated virus which is knocking out  my audio. WebRoot doesn't detect it and therefore won't eliminate it. My only soloution may be a full reboot. Question: If I do have to reboot, how do I re-install WebRoot without losing the months I have already paid for.?

2nd question: why isn't WebRoot kicking this virus out?

Thank You
Mike
You will not lose any of your paid months. 

If you need to reinstall, make sure to  have  your keycode, then please uninstall Webroot.

Depending on where you purchased your copy, you will find the links to download a fresh copy below my signature.

When you reinstall, you need to enter that keycode to the console. Your account console remains the same.

You will also find a link to the online user guides below my signature as well.

Do you have a PC or Mac? 

Can you give us further details of the virus? We may be able to help you remove it.

Beth
Userlevel 7
Hi uncledaddy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

As Beth says...how do you know that you have a sophisticated virus on your system if WSA is not detecting anything.  Please provide details of how you have come to this conclusion as that will most like allow us to assist you further.  Until you do that we are somewhat 'blind' to say the least.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Thank you. It may not be a virus. I have heard from a 3rd pc user now, who is on windows 8, has the same glitch and thinks it has to do with the most recent windows updates. I am in the process of troubleshooting and am leary of a reboot. However, if a reboot is what it takes, so be it.

Thanks for the info regarding a webroot reinstall.

Mike
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you. It may not be a virus. I have heard from a 3rd pc user now, who is on windows 8, has the same glitch and thinks it has to do with the most recent windows updates. I am in the process of troubleshooting and am leary of a reboot. However, if a reboot is what it takes, so be it.

Thanks for the info regarding a webroot reinstall.

Mike
Thanks for updating us!

What are you experiencing? Yes,  there have been Microsoft updates and Webroot updated as well on Monday, Please let us know more details. 

Beth

Userlevel 1
This is the solutuion to the windows 8 audio glitch.

Did it happen after the most recent Windows update (around 7/10)? If so, the update KB2962407 may have been causing the problem. I fixed it by uninstalling this particular update. Details can be found here:
http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49684-no-sound-device-being-used-another-application-7.html

I thought it had to do with the recent updates, but didn't know which update. "Bran" found the culprit.

Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yes I have seen a number of issues over the past few months with MS updates breaking things so at least you got to the bottom of it.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This is the solutuion to the windows 8 audio glitch.

Did it happen after the most recent Windows update (around 7/10)? If so, the update KB2962407 may have been causing the problem. I fixed it by uninstalling this particular update. Details can be found here:
http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/49684-no-sound-device-being-used-another-application-7.html

I thought it had to do with the recent updates, but didn't know which update. "Bran" found the culprit.

Mike

Thank you MIke for letting us know!

This will be helpful to others experiencing the same issue.

Looking forward to seeing you here again soon!

Beth
Userlevel 1
Thank you Beth. I need to visit this board more often and learn some things. Most of my pc/online experience was with the now defunct MSNTV. This ASUS Sonic Master with wifi has been wonderful, but so much to learn.

Mike
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Thank you Beth. I need to visit this board more often and learn some things. Most of my pc/online experience was with the now defunct MSNTV. This ASUS Sonic Master with wifi has been wonderful, but so much to learn.

Mike
Mike, browse around the community, you will find a lot of info here.
If you need help with anything else, let us know.
Beth
if you are facing problem then you must talk with malware customer service, there expert team will help you