Solved

webroot secure anywhere

• 16 July 2014
  • 6 replies

I have recently purchased a HP Pavillion laptop from Best Buy, pre-loaded with Windows 8. Along with this purchase and an extended 1yr warranty using The Geek Squad concerning said warrenty and any issues, my purchase came with a free 6mo trial use of webroots secure anywhhere software. Sounds fabulous-HUH? Nope not impressed so far at all with the customer service of this company which to this point has proven non-existant.

So my question here is- has anyone had issues with the installation of this software concerning the provided activation code, which is the extremely irritating issue I am dealing with. I understand it is provided on the disks case under a sticker to be peeled off, but that option was a painstaking waste of time being that this peel-off portion no matter how carefully done destroyed the underlabel providing the neccessary code for activation!

I can completely understand how this could be an easy thing to happen- no hard feelings there at all. Where the frustra
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 17 July 2014, 00:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi PONGOSOLDIERcappa

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I take it that when you have got no joy from the Geek Squad?  Our Best Buy expert is not online at the moment so I will give it a go at trying to help.  If it is a Best Buy Subscription Software copy if I am not mistaken the receipt, if you got one, should have two separate "SKU's" for the Webroot software, and lower down on the receipt will be a Serial Number that begins with WBR00.

Are you in possession of a receipt for the software, even if it is free of charge as it is a trial offer?

@ can you help here re. what options the OP has?

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sorry to hear your having issues and it's best to contact Geek Squad directly as they support it on there end http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl and if you don't get any help just post back here and I'm sure Nic will get you sorted.

And Welcome the the Webroot Community!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
   I have recently purchased a HP Pavillion laptop from Best Buy, pre-loaded with Windows 8. Along with this purchase and an extended 1yr warranty using The Geek Squad concerning said warrenty and any issues, my purchase came with a free 6mo trial use of webroots secure anywhhere software. Sounds fabulous-HUH? Nope not impressed so far at all with the customer service of this company which to this point has proven non-existant.

So my question here is- has anyone had issues with the installation of this software concerning the provided activation code, which is the extremely irritating issue I am dealing with. I understand it is provided on the disks case under a sticker to be peeled off, but that option was a painstaking waste of time being that this peel-off portion no matter how carefully done destroyed the underlabel providing the neccessary code for activation!

I can completely understand how this could be an easy thing to happen- no hard feelings there at all. Where the frustra
@ wrote:

Welcome to the community PONGOSOLDIERcappae !

Sorry to hear you are having this experience. If you purchased from Best Buy and they gave you a free trial, they can give you the keycode if you call them. Daniel have given you the link to Best Buy support.
I purchased my laptop from Best Buy as well, and gave my email address. They emailed me my receipt and I also received an email with my Webroot keycode. I do not know if they still do that now or not. But if you go in the store, they can give it to you. You can call them 24/7  at 1-800-GeekSquad / 1-800-433-5778.
Hope that helps! 
Webroot is the best antivirus protection out there and I hope that the inconvenience of the keycode does not interfere with you having that protection and enjoying the community.
Please let us know if you resolved the problem and come back often!
Browse around and enjoy!
Beth
I need help with same problem ...keep getting the run around from everyone
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Welcome kay_lynn_1952_1952 to the WSA Community Forum. Can you please give us some information on what problems you are experiencing? What product of WSA do you have and where did you purchase the program so that we can understand how to help you the best way we can. OK?;)
.....but if you purchased from Geek Squad then go directlyto there free support  end here  http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl and if you don't get any help just post back here and I'm sure we can get you sorted.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Welcome kay_lynn_1952_1952 to the WSA Community Forum. Can you please give us some information on what problems you are experiencing? What product of WSA do you have and where did you purchase the program so that we can understand how to help you the best way we can. OK?;)
.....but if you purchased from Geek Squad then go directlyto there free support  end here  http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl and if you don't get any help just post back here and I'm sure we can get you sorted.
Welcome to the community kay_lynn_1952_1952!

Please do let us know if you have resolved your issue.

And please come often and share your experiences!

Thats what its all about, sharing our experiences and helping each other out!

See you around in the community!

Beth