Solved

Your 'Nasty' Dysfunctional Login & Authenication & Support Options LOCK ME OUT!!!!

• 7 November 2023
  • 5 replies

i am f*g furious with your site and all your dysfunctional processes.

And i am HERE because your bloody site makes it impossible to 1. login, or 2. authenticate, or, 3. even open a Support Ticket!!!!

The initial problem is that my old email of some 20 years use is now defunct as of 18/09 (sad story)

THAT WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM IF YOU DESIGNED YOUR SYSTEM WITH SOME OTHER AUTHENTICATION OPTIONS THAN - ONLY - AN EMAIL ADDRESS THAT DOES.NOT.WORK!!!

Does it ever OCCUR to you that most people change their email addresses precisely because their OLD EMAIL ADDRESS DOES.NOT.WORK??????

Otherwise people are VERY reluctant to EVER change their email address, because then, like me, they would have to workout and to try and update their email contact details on any unknown number of contacts. in my case, HUNDREDS !!!!!

And so many completely stupid sites like yours make it very difficult and time-consuming, or in YOUR case, impossible!!

Because of such stupidity and arrogance that is now, completely unnecessarily, causing me huge wasted time, effort and stress,, i am really really really tempted NOT to renew my Webroot licence/s that i have had for some TWENTY YEARS!!!

YOUR LOGIN OPTIONS AND YOUR SUPPORT TICKET OPTIONS ALL GO AROUND IN A BIG USELESS STUPID CIRCLE - AND EVERY SINGLE ONE COMES BACK TO SENDING VERIFICATION EMAILS TO MY OLD DEFUNCT EMAIL ADDRESS.

At one point, in your forms/pages, you mention a so-called option of “using a different email address (which would be ‘nice!) … but does it actually DO that????. DOES IT F*K!

It just goes back to same old email address option.

And try to open a Support Ticket … and no prizes for guessing what happens - a verification process that insists on ONLY using the old email address!!!!

Do you d*heads EVER think about your Customers who have a problem with their login OR their email address?????

HOW DO THEY F*G CONTACT YOU?????

(And another thing. i cannot even cut & paste my Licence Key from the WR User Panel - because it is ‘blocked’ from copying, so i have to go and try and find my licence somewhere so i can copy.)

And guess what i find??????

my WR licence doe NOT expire until 14/02/2024; and these are spam marketing reminders you send out when the licence is not even close to expiring

so pissed off with WR & the whole thing

PS And now i see that this form has NO way to upload any screenshots or documents. So Just more of your dysfunctionality.

regards

don card

icon

Best answer by TylerM 17 November 2023, 20:23

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @decard Welcome to the Community Forum.

I’m sorry you’re having all these problems. I would suggest calling by phone to Webroot Support to fix these problems you’re having.

Support: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

Userlevel 7

Insert Image (Screen Shots) and Upload Files on Forum.

Hello @decard Welcome to the Community Forum.

I’m sorry you’re having all these problems. I would suggest calling by phone to Webroot Support to fix these problems you’re having.

Support: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/about/contact-us

you would huh? why would i make an international mobile call (and prob wait on hold forever) for something so dysfunctional???????

why should i PAY for the costs of their

Edit: Covered Keycode that was showing ~ PTD

stupidity , arrogance and incompetence?/?

it has already cost me enough in wasted time and stress

Userlevel 7

I’ll ping our Community Manager (Webroot Employee) @TylerM on your situation. He may be able to look into your account and give you better suggestions or fix the problems you are having. The Moderators on this forum are only volunteers and are unable to look into your account. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Hey @decard 

Since you are stuck in a email loop of which you mention you cannot access, then your only option to fix this quickly would be to call our support staff.

US

Call 1-866-612-4227 

If you are outside the US please see other numbers here

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Let us know how you get on