I did a clean install of WSAC on my Win XP computer. I have backup already established in my account. Tried to login to backup on clean install and I get login failure. I tried with IE-8 and FF as default browsers, both failed. Looked in WRData File: "Sync Folder" with the following error: ERROR: "CSessionObject::Authenticate: Backend authorization for user failed (region 200, error 12152)" and "WARNING: ServiceRequest_SetCredentials: Error returned by service (12152)." When I try to login WSA starts "Performing Credential Validation to Establish Connection" then hangs at 99% for approx 20 seconds then fails to login. I only use backup on the XP computer. (I have no problem logging into my Webroot Account Console)
Is it time to Send a Support Ticket & Logs or is there a problem on Webroots end? 😉
Best answer by ProTruckDriver 23 October 2013, 17:38
Hi Dave! I think you know more than I do about WSA, so I really don't have any ideas that you would not have thought of. There was an issue with the Backup&Sync over the weekend.. maybe the problem you had yesterday is related to that?
As shown, GB used doubled with same files backed up and No Recycle Bin shown.
Also, I think the reason you're not seeing "Empty Recycle Bin" is that you've got the Backup folder selected. Try selecting the Anywhere folder and checking the menu again.
I only have 1 account and 1 login from the beginning of WSA. Never had any others. I have a recycle bin in the "Anywhere" folder but it's empty. I never used the Anywhere Folder. Within the year a few times I deleted my backup in the backup file. GBs used went to 0. I deleted the last backup when Backup & Sync was having problems. It went back to 0 GB's used but when I did a fresh backup it doubled the GBs used.
We are currently looking into the situation and believe it relates to long file names and how they are
handled by the backup app.
I will be sure to advise when a solution is in place.
I'll update the forum when Support finds the solution. 😉
What I did to solve problem: All files I had in backup I put into the Sync folder. Now Sync showed 14.9 GB used and My Computer showed 5.78 GB used. I then deleted ALL files in Sync and then deleted ALL files in Backup. Both B&S folders showed empty. I did a uninstall and a fresh reinstall of WSA. Set up B&S and made sure no folders were in Sync. ALL GB's match now.:D
I looks like the problem was cause by Sync picking up files and not recording them properly. (But I never used Sync when I began B&S last year).
Like you, I was also having the problem of my Webroot GUI (on my PC) showing that I has used twice as much storge as I actually had (Web console did show correct amount). You left a reply on my post which led me to your post here. I was also able to fix my problem thanks to your info. However, all I did was to delete my "Anywhere" folder (never used either) and did a complete uninstall/reinstall. Aftr reconfiguring my sync folders the amount of GB's used is now acurate and my PC GUI and WSA Web console match. Thanks again for the help.