Can't Play Battlefield 3 when the process is proteced by ID Protection.

• 19 October 2013
  • 7 replies

If I set the BF3.exe process as protected under ID protection then no keyboard input is possible in game.
What do I submit and where in order to have this resolved?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi tempnexus,

We have gaming engineers that can whitelist this .exe and see if there is a conflict - please submit a support ticket here and label it Battlefield3.exe and they should be able to help. 
thank you,
ticket send...or at least the continual conversation started.

BTW, that's one gripe I have with support tickets...it appears to be a one long conversation message.  I have been submitting few tickets and they all coallesce as one massive thread of unrelated messages.   Would it be possible to actually create a ticket based message system?
i.e Issue #1  here is the thread,  Issue #2 here is a thread etc and not a one continual thread of messages and replies to all the tickets summed into one single page.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +35
That is good feedback - I will bring it up internally, and I would suggest that you mention it to the support person who assists you as well.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
thank you,
ticket send...or at least the continual conversation started.

BTW, that's one gripe I have with support tickets...it appears to be a one long conversation message.  I have been submitting few tickets and they all coallesce as one massive thread of unrelated messages.   Would it be possible to actually create a ticket based message system?
i.e Issue #1  here is the thread,  Issue #2 here is a thread etc and not a one continual thread of messages and replies to all the tickets summed into one single page.

Thanks!
I actually do with different Email addresses but it would be nice to make it more simple!

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Are you using a Wireless keyboard+Mouse or a USB keyboard? I play a BF3 a lot on my home PC with WSA and I havent had any issue. When you set it to allow does work OK? I will test this when I get home later as I dont have a gaming PC here in work :D
I got one of those Logitech USB keyboards.
yes if I set the BF3.exe to Allow it works fine, if I set it to protect, the only thing I can do is Jump (spacebar) no movement keys work. (WSAD)

Pfft, it's not playing games at work, it's bug research.
Userlevel 5
Badge +16
Hi tempnexus,

This thread was brougt to my attention and I wanted to clarify a few things, 
Did the 'Battlefield3.exe' item appear on it's own during the course of using WSA, or was it added manually?

The reason I ask is that the ID Shield is designed to bypass the operating system when entering data into secure websites, this allows WSA to protect against keyloggers that operate by piggy backing the IO coming from the keyboard. Essentially WSA is designed to pass the data directly into the browser, bypassing the OS entierly. Games, on the otherhand rely on a combination of drivers, both within the Direct X API and HID Devices at the operating system level. Because WSA doesn't pass keystroke information to the operating system, bypassing the OS, it makes sense that keystrokes wouldn't make it to the input requests from the game. 

With that said, some games have 'Launchers' that are used to securely login to a server. Because these launchers are seperate from the game executible it may be possible to add these items manually to the ID Shield and still recieve keyboard inputs. Because these applications do not rely on direct communication with the Operating System.

Thank  you very much for the report, and I am very much looking forward to your reply.

TechToc
Webroot Escalation Engineer