Solved

dll file flagged up as missing

• 11 December 2013
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
HI, On boot this evening a ''Webroot Critical Error Occurred'' flag appeared

C:Documents and Settings All UsersApplicationDataWRDatapkgLPPlugin.dll

this file appears to be missing

Earlier today the System advised that  there was suspicious activity in the Webroot application and asked me if I wanted to permanently block Webroot.  I declined the offer. Then on bootup tonight Explorer didn't open so I am now using Opera.

Any help would be appreciated , thanks

using XP Secure Anywhere Complete

Ade
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 13 December 2013, 00:21

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm going to send you a PM!

Daniel

Edit: Can one of the Mods or Admin send him a copy of the file so he can put it in that Directory that does fix it!
Userlevel 3
hi again, have received the pm (opened it in Outlook Express) however on clicking the link the original error message flags up and I can see Explorer trying to open but seems to be unable
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I will send you a PM just look at the top by your name there is a envelope just click on it!

Daniel
how did you fix this?  i just started getting this message yesterday also.  thanks
Daniel,

I just started getting this message also.  How do you fix it.   Keeps popping up - very annoying.  Thanks
Userlevel 7
Cudaman and roadhog - Please try the Toolbar Fix, it should fix the .dll error. 
Userlevel 7
Thanks Mike! I know that is what TH sent Roadhog last night, but we haven't heard if it worked. I am on mobile so I couldn't fine the link for Cudaman.

I have heard of a few other istances of this the last few days so @ and @ please let us know if the fix utility works for you!
Well, got some directions from Webroot and started the process.  Have deleted the original installation as they suggested.  However they  did not say until mid message that you need your key code and I don't have access to it right now, so I am going without for a few days until I can get to best buy and get it
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Well, got some directions from Webroot and started the process.  Have deleted the original installation as they suggested.  However they  did not say until mid message that you need your key code and I don't have access to it right now, so I am going without for a few days until I can get to best buy and get it
@ it seems to me that might be a waste of gas: you can call 1800-GEEK-SQUAD and they can help you with that over the phone  🙂
Userlevel 3
Hi All, thanks for your efforts.
I couldn't do any of what Helix had advised as the computer was playing up, and the Email with the download link had somehow disappeared.
I came back to the original thread and saw the Toolbar Fix post.

Tried it, and it replaced the toolbar software and without going into full testing everything mode  it seems to have cured the problem.

Many many thanks, I feel naked without access to a working computer:D

regards Ade

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi All, thanks for your efforts.
I couldn't do any of what Helix had advised as the computer was playing up, and the Email with the download link had somehow disappeared.
I came back to the original thread and saw the Toolbar Fix post.

Tried it, and it replaced the toolbar software and without going into full testing everything mode  it seems to have cured the problem.

Many many thanks, I feel naked without access to a working computer:D

regards Ade

Thank you very much for the reply Roadhog!  As we had seen a couple instances of this over the last few days, it is good to know that the toolbarfix is still working as intended!

🙂