Solved

Fill Forms Bug?

• 29 May 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
I have used the Password Manager quite a bit.. and I really enjoy it.  I have also entered a Form profile, which is very handy to say the least.  I am not sure, however, if there might be a small glitch in the Form Fill function.  The below image is a form I use regularly.  All of the data auto fills correctly EXCEPT for the State... it never fills and I have to manually set it.

I do note that the form itself is not a standard format in that it asks for the Zip Code and Country BEFORE the State.  This is the only form I have encountered in which it fails to fill in the State.  Is is possible that the non-standard order of the form fields is the reason that this happens on this form?

icon

Best answer by JimM 30 May 2013, 17:05

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
If you edit the fill form data from within the console, is the state a piece of data in the form fill profile?
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
If you edit the fill form data from within the console, is the state a piece of data in the form fill profile?
Yes it is.  The state is included in the form fill profile, and on forms that have the normal ordering of data it works fine.  I have a couple of additional ideas of things to check tonight and will get you an update tomorrow 🙂
Userlevel 7
PM sent Jim.  I have done the additional checking you asked for, and it fails during that test as well.
Userlevel 7
I notice that in the screenshot, the state is in a dropdown box. However, when I went to the site, it appears in my browser to make me type the state in. I think the way the form is built on the page is irregular, which is why the auto-fill is having a hard time with it.
Userlevel 7
I am able to use a drop down to get the state.. but I think you are right in that the design of the form itself is the problem.
Userlevel 7
Your browser is probably being forced by the page to make some assumptions.

As you can see here, I don't get the dropdown in my browser.
Userlevel 7
OH.. yeah.. you are using the direct form, I use the one that displays in Facebook.  They are exactly the same, except that the Facebook based one has the dropdown.  The Auto Fill misses the state in both situations.
Userlevel 7
I just went to the Facebook page, and I don't get a dropdown there either. That's more evidence it's an issue with the page coding.
Userlevel 7
Sounds good to me! Thank you for checking on it 🙂