How do I get by security cert conflict on e-mail on trusted site. had to use my info on 3rd PC

• 2 August 2015
  • 4 replies

Loaded on sister in laws PC while they were away. Had to use my e-mail address and now she gets security certificate warning while logging into her account with no provision to ignore or add as trusted site. Work around or list to add Comcast.net account as trusted? Issue relayed to me over phone so I can't be sure there wasn't an option she did not see.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi theduck6

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I have not come across this issue before and therefore am not sure exactly where your sister is at when she gets "security certificate warning while logging into her account".  Would you be able to find out out/provide (i) the text of the security warning as that will usually give some indication of what it relates to & (ii) which account she is logging into as to use WSA there is no need to log into any account, so this must be something outside WSA.

In addition, in realtion to what did you have to use your email address? With a little more information we may be able to make some head way towards a clearer picture of what the issue is and therefore we stand a better chance of being able to advise as to a possible solution.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Guess it's going to mean a trip over there. My experience is people's assessment and descriptions of stuff right in front of themselves is usually inaccurate and full of holes. I used my email info when installing on her PC as they were out of town when I installed Webroot. Pretty speedy response. I am impressed.
Userlevel 7
Hi theduck6

Using your email address when installing WSA means that you will be on file as the email address associated with the keycode that you entered during the install process, which therefore means that you will receive the monthly Security Reports that Webroot issues to WSA users.

She will still have to set up her web console (reached from here) and there she will have the option to use her email address/create a password, etc., which I recommend that she does as soon as possible...it will be interesting to see if doing that with here email address associated with the keycode the activation of which was under your email address, causes any issues in the short or longer term (but if it does then you know where to come back to for help).

As for the other information; can she not take a screen shot of the various messages, etc. (you know, using the Ctrl + Alt + Print Screen keys, and then opening Word or similar and just doing a paste)? That might save yo a trip over there and if you can upload the screenshots to a hosting site then you can provide the URL in the post, etc.

Just a few thoughts to keep you going.  Do post back when you can and we will do our best to assist.

Regards, Baldrick
I will try that but as I said people rarely describe a situation accurately even if they are looking at it. Her issue was with Windows flagging the security certificate of her e-mail and not webroot. She is running XP and it has long since stopped being supported. She will ride that horse until it falls dead I fear. Thanks anyway.