Solved

install both webroot toolbar & reputation toolbar ( BrightCloud )

• 20 April 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37
Hi ,

Do you recommand we install both webroot toolbar and webroot reputation toolbar ( BrightCloud ) ?

Do can webroot toolbar protect our browsers ? from vulnerability  ?

Thank you
Best Regards ,

icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 20 April 2013, 17:25

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Durantash

The browser protection is within the main program itself, the toolbars are not needed for this, and are 'optional' to give additional function or information.

The Webroot toolbar provides use of Password Management (WSA Complete and WSA Internet Security Plus users only)  It does provide protection in that it defeats any keyloggers that may be on the computer.

The BrightCloud reputation toolbar only gives information regarding past history of the URL, if it is a known hazard or not.  I guess one can say that it provides protection in that it may stop a page from loading if it is a known hazard.

Use of one or both of these is entirely optional, but there is no real reason I know of to not use them.

If I am mistaken in this, someone please provide corrections.  :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Just to add more information!

Identity Shield

Password Management Toolbar

Also the use of Bright Cloud will be included in the 2014 product line via the new redesigned Web Threat Shield

HTH,

TH
Userlevel 7
Thank you!  I was hoping you would add to this Daniel.  My understanding of BrightCloud is still limited as I have not acutally used it yet!

I know.. shame on me!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP wrote:
Thank you!  I was hoping you would add to this Daniel.  My understanding of BrightCloud is still limited as I have not actually used it yet!

I know.. shame on me!
Never any shame on you as Joe told us this info at Wilders. 😉 And the Bright Cloud Toolbar is still recommended at this time for the one's that don't mind having the toolbar till the 2014 product line comes out in the fall.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Daniel, 

Will the BrightCloud be a part of all WSA versions?  If so... I really do need to become a lot more familiar with it before the 2014 line is released.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP wrote:
Daniel, 

Will the BrightCloud be a part of all WSA versions?  If so... I really do need to become a lot more familiar with it before the 2014 line is released.
I would think so as it will be part of the new redesigned Web Threat Shield that is in all products now.

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Thanks a lot for the info TH. I can see Web Threat Shield will become a powerful part of WSA. And the addition of BrightCloud will be very useful.:)
Userlevel 7

@Amit wrote:
Thanks a lot for the info TH. I can see Web Threat Shield will become is already a powerful part of WSA. And the addition of BrightCloud will be very useful.:)
Amit, let me just a small correction above 😉
Userlevel 7
Ah thanks Petr.:)