Solved

installation on windows 8 laptop

• 19 April 2013
  • 3 replies

I've successfully installed WSA on my desktop. I've got a laptop with Windows 8. Do I need to disable the security system already in place? Will it interfer with WSA? It's a laptop I got for my grandson to use in home schooling and I don't use it very often. I'm not crazy about Windows 8, but haven't really taken the time to get used to it.
icon

Best answer by ams963 19 April 2013, 07:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello beckyp and welcome to the Community.:)

First it would useful to know if by security system already in place you mean a third party security software like McAfee or Norton, or Win 8 built in security system which are Windows Defender and Windows SmartScreen.

1. If it's the latter, I think Windows Defender could be disabled as it would not be needed. WSA is far superior.;)

2. If it's a third party security software like McAfee or Norton, then WSA could be used with it. No problem as WSA is compatible with other security software.

I hope that answers your questions.
Userlevel 7
On Windows 8, Windows Defender will automatically turn itself off when it detects a defferent AV software installed and running.

By installing Webroot, you should be good to go!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I've successfully installed WSA on my desktop. I've got a laptop with Windows 8. Do I need to disable the security system already in place? Will it interfer with WSA? It's a laptop I got for my grandson to use in home schooling and I don't use it very often. I'm not crazy about Windows 8, but haven't really taken the time to get used to it.
Hello Becky and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

If you want to run WSA with Windows Defender as a Layered Approach on Windows 8 have a look at this Tribal Knowledge Base Article.

HTH,

TH