Malware virus

• 1 August 2015
  • 3 replies

I believe my computer has a malware virus, as the date and time keep reverting to midnight on December 31, 2001.  In addition, whenever I did anything on the Internet, I received a notification thatt here was something wrong with the security certificate and I should download a new certificate -- which I did not do.  I have run Webroot scan four times, and everytime it says a threat has been removed.  However, nothing is displayed under Quarantine.  I saved a scan log, but cannot locate the threat that was removed.  While I no longer receive the security certificate notification, I am still having problems with the date and time.  Has anybody experienced this problem recently and, if so, how did you fix it?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi PJLarson55

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If WSA has detected and removed something and yo are having trouble understanding what has happened I would Open a Support Ticket so that the Support Team can investigate and advise back, and then look to see what is happening re. your system.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 4
Badge +16
Along with the previous suggestion, have you checked the CMOS battery?  It sounds like the battery is dead / dying so the system time is being reset when the power is removed (system is powered down).
Userlevel 7
A good point, dbrisendine, and would have been my first choice were it not for the "I have run Webroot scan four times, and everytime it says a threat has been removed" part, which just does not add up.

But worth checking none the less.

Regards, Baldrick