Solved

Opera - First keystroke truncated...

Badge +3
Is anyone else having a problem in Opera where when Opera receives focus, the first keystroke is not sent?  This is a regression from months back and for me is reintroduced in 127.  If I disable the Identify Protection module, the problem is gone.  I cannot replicate the problem in FireFox.  Can anyone using Opera confirm?

Thanks.

Win8 x64 WSA-Complete (and English keyboard if that matters)

icon

Best answer by MikeR 1 April 2013, 20:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Cannot confirm here with Opera 12.14 and the Czech keyboard. Even changing the keyboard to English gives all keystrokes, including those first.
Badge +3
Thanks pegas.  And I cannot reproduce on my Win7 x86 laptop.  
Userlevel 7
Hi gpb500 - Can you please check to see if we are Blocking or Monitoring anything in the Identity Shield?

Open WSA, click Identity & Privacy, click View/Edit Protected Applications
Badge +3
No, not blocking/monitoring except VueMinder calendar program which I just moved to Allow (under control active processes).  Everything under Identity was marked "Protect".  

So the scenario is, Opera does not have focus, <Alt-Tab> to bring it to the foreground or just click on it then with focus in the address (url) field, first keystroke is ignored.  Also, <Alt-D> which should set focus to the address field does not, however, pressing the alt key does enable the short-cut key underlines (in the menu bar) but pressing any letter with alt depressed is ignored the first time.  If you can't recreate it easily, I can live with it and at some point will log a ticket. 

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
The support system will be the best place to get a ticket started and for the collection of logs which will most likely be needed. Thank you for checking if anything was being Blocked/Monitored, I will add that into your support ticket notes.

Open a Support Ticket
Badge +3
Well, not sure what's going on now.  Restarted Opera and now I can't reproduce it here either.  I've had it opened for a couple days and I swear (really!) that enabling/disabling indentity protection was....you know....oh just delete this whole thread.  LOL.  Sorry to bother everyone.  Will monitor it and if it happens again will try to identify what's going on before posting.  :(
Userlevel 7
No worries at all! :D

Has Opera been updated since the release of WSA Version 8.0.2.127? Maybe try resetting Opera to defaults if the issue comes back and then we can investigate further through the support system if necessary.
Badge +3
I'm on a stable release from a few months ago, so that hasn't changed and it's been solid (don't ask why I haven't moved to their latest and "greatest").  But I was thinking about this and what probably happened if it even matters is that I've had Opera opened for a few days and 127 got installed without me restarting opera.  Perhaps (?) there was some issue there in the events that caused some confusion between WSA and opera.  I'm guessing of course.  Opera is my primary browser and I'll typically have 30 tabs open while continually cycling firefox as needed for some other things.  In any case, I really appreciate the help....but feel free to go ahead and delete this ridiculous thread.  ;)
Userlevel 7
No problem at all - there's no need to delete it. We can always revive it if you experience a similar issue.

Have a fantastic week. 😉
Userlevel 7
I am glad your issue has been self resolved 🙂 Nice to see another Opera advocate here on Community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
No Problem with Opera 12.14 on 2 Windows 7 notebooks. 64 bit and 32 bit.