Solved

RE: AdwCleaner v3.017

• 19 January 2014
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Hello eveyone.

I was reading the article from Daniel, and I downloaded AdwCleaner V3.017. I did ran it, and it found some conduit, and I had a deleted.

My question is what do you think about this product Adwcleaner.

Also, I don't see the Conduit inside my Mozila History bar.

I heard It Is better to use Mozila rather than using Intertnet Explorer, becasue you can manage the adds on In Mozila Firefox.
please let me if that is correct.

Also, I downloaded. Adblock Plus, for Internet Explore, and Installed it, and I dont see any adds.
Inside Firefox, I can also Enable Adblock Plus.
Thank you very much.

icon

Best answer by Baldrick 21 January 2014, 19:34

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Glad to see that you are moving forward.  However, given that this is a Webroot Forum we cannot really discuss in open forum another product such as AdwCleaner, given that it covers the same area as WSA.

However, if you would like to PM me (and I am sure that Daniel would not mind either) then questions could be answered privately.  Suffice to say that I use it, as I do other security apps, to complement WSA, which remains my main line of defense.

As to whether it Is better to use Mozila rather than using Intertnet Explorer, becasue you can manage the adds on In Mozila Firefox....is a point of conjecture/debate that you willnot get a straight answer on given the fans of IE & Chrome will have their view on the subject.  It is very much a matter of personal choice, as you can manage addons in all of them, some more easily than others.

Personally I use three different browsers; IE, FF & Maxthon Cloud (the latter not support specifically by WSA) for different types of browsing...but if you are looking for a clearer response I would say you cannot go wrong with FF...it is however no longer the lightest in terms of resoruce usage.

Gald that the Adblockers seem to be working for you...looks like yo are getting there. ;)

Regards

Baldrick

PS: If you want to PM you click on the envelope symbol near the top right of the page, just next to your user name & below the search functionality...and then follow the instructions...it is quite easy.
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.

First of all, Thank you very much for all your helps
I really appreciate It very much

I did get the respond back from the Support Team Today. Basically,  It was what I did already.
I was told to Delete all the Unwanted programs, Which I did with Revo Unstabler Pro.

Also, I was told to go ahead and see if there are any PUA programs In my Internet Browser. And Delete Them.
I was told If i have any problems, To Reset the Internet Explorer or Firefox.

So far I have not seen any more Pop ups or any Weired programs and I did not see any Conduit in my search Engine.

Off course, I have not done a Full Scan on my other computer to see if It still Crashes on 20 or 30 Percent.

Do you think I should go ahead and reset my Internet Explore ?

Thanks Again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If everything looks fine I see no need to reset but if you have any persistent conduit pop-ups then do a reset!

Cheers,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Yuu are most welcome, and I am very glad to see that you have been sorted by the Support Team.  I also see that TripleHelix has given you advice re. your question. :D

Hopefully you are now all set for a peaceful and safe internet experience...with WSA ;)

Remember that if you have any further issues or have questions about WSA, etc., then please post back in the Community Forums...that is what it here for...and even if yo uhave none of the above...it would be good to see you drop by...you may well be surprised by waht a fun place it is and how much one can learn...without really trying. :D

Have a great week.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Dear Baldrick.

Inside Mozila fire fox I have added the following Adds On:

Adblock Plus
Better Privacy
Cookie Monster
NoScript
Pure URL
Redirect Cleaner
RefControl
RequestPolicy

Also, I added Adblock Plus for Internet Explorer.

I wonder If I can get the same Add-ons or similiar ones like the above Mozila's List,  for Internet Explorer

Also, If there are no add-ons like the above List, Technically It Is not a good Idea to use Internet Explorer ?
Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Adblock is available for IE that I do know, the rest I am not sure about.
Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

I think that most of your list are not available in IE...MS is much more controlling in what you can add-on, unfortunately.  However, what I have found useful & works well for me under IE10 is 'Do Not Track Me' by Abine...you may want to investigate it to see if it could work for you. :D

If you have any questions about it then please free to PM me (as this is a Webroot forum and we should not really discuss non Webroot apps here)...and I can try to assist if I can in answering them. ;)

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 5
Badge +17
Thanks. I did send you a test pm. It is my first Pm I want to make sure it is working so please reply back

Userlevel 7
Hi venus60

Have received both your PMs successfully.:D

As I explained in the first I live in the UK, work by day & frequent the Community in that zone between finishing work & going to bed...;)...for a bit of relaxing and bonhommie with users like you.

So my apologies for the delay in responding. :$

If you have any questions then please fire away via the PMs and I will answer what I can for you.

Regards

Baldrick