Solved

RETARDINESS in webroot scan

• 17 May 2013
  • 5 replies

I called to my Virgin Mobile phone provider and ask them what to do if my phone became slow, and after I tried to re-activate it I lost Internet access. They established my access back, but recommended me 'FACTORY DEFAULT RESET". I did it yesteday, but I got the same negative effect. I could not log in my GooglePlay or Market for a half day. After I was experienced the problem to log in for Acivate Webroot. When I got activated it, I found that the SCAN works slow or frozen. I noticed that it works only if I cry losing my temper. I do not want be nerves, and dyeing from permanent stress, which shortening my life. I try to open the "About" tab to reset the updates or check path.It does not work after I reinstalled Webroot last time a couple months ago. Eventually, I desided write tech support if somebody may help me with the question what make the phone slow or limited for use.
   My version is Webroot SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier 3.3.0.5546; Definition set 519.

I need know if it is the narrowed memory or it is the low battery of what is the problem with my ROOT. If I need send the LOG where can I send it?? My phone is the old fashioned Samsung SPH-M910. It is 3G only, with 160 MB of phone memory from 256 MB of manufacturers specification. The Task Manager App in my droid all the time shows me the 130 MB of 160 available. i use to CLEAR Level 1 and Level 2 memory. It allow me close some processes and sometimes it gives me 95.96 MB/of 160 MB, but sometimes it gives me 87 or 86 RAM after clean it by CLEAR MEMORY button.

Sometimes, when I open droid from morning, it logs-in for a long time. So, sometimes I need manually open SETTINGS (for phone), APLICATIONS, RUNNING SERVICES, and - I need clear too many running services manually. I understand that the phone is old, and it is prone to long encryption strings for a slow working, but why the services after a check all the time stay in memory and I need clear them manually?

The think is that the even old droid may work, but what is the factor on the middle to hold it overloaded? If buy a new phone, it is the same 200 dollars or more expensive, also, it is a new paiment plan for more than 25 dollars - they never will have such cheap monthly plan - the new ones have 35 dollars per month. So, if it is possible to use the old phone?
icon

Best answer by JimM 18 May 2013, 19:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello USaferWithDelusn, 

The phone requirements for the Android Webroot app are:

• Android operating system version 2.2 or higher
  • Android-compatible device with 3 MB of free storage space
  • 3G/4G data connection required for some features

If your old phone meets or exceeds these specs, the Webroot app should work fine.
Userlevel 7
If you just did a factory reset and the phone itself is still slow or locking up, you may have a hardware issue. Of course, any app you run on a phone that is already experiencing slowness and freezing issues will also experience slowness and freezing issues.

Another thing to consider is that the phone you have originally came with Android 2.1 on it, and a factory reset would reset it to 2.1. You will need to be sure it's on at least 2.2 before it meets Webroot's minimum requirements that David posted above.
Dear JimM.
I bought the Droid with 2.2, but I did reinstallation of Operation System with some kind of upgrade in a year ago. It was fine but a little worse that time. The problem may be the issue of some kind of the things which I may do not know. For example, the phone companies use to produce new models because it is the Memory thing - the microchips should gain better encryption and the better memory and processor speed. I know nothing about phones. But as much as I knew about radio-electronics, I think that the phone is not a computer. So, the Hard Drive in it is the loadable microchip. So, if it has too much encryption, the old model may have be too slow. Also, the memory card may have been full. Actually, I do not know, but I may guess, that the ROOT of the phone may have too much information to be loaded-unloaded all the time. I think that the commerce secret about how the phone works prevent me to understand what happens with the phone. That's why I tried to ask if somebody may make a look on the log file to find what the fault of the slow working device is. It’s may be everything - from the weak battery till the virus in the program, but also, it may be something specific. I have no idea how does it work. May be the Server has memory loaded and the apps slowed down the processor, or may be just wrong program developed Operation System. I know about electronics just the basics of TV fixings i studied in Russia about 15 years ago, so the knowledge how the transistors works or the firsts generations of the TV sets is not enough for the droid understanding. If somebody who has his knowledge may help me to read the log file?
I had the game Zenonia from gamevil a half year ago. It was in my phone and I played sometimes. When I turned the game off I used to open the Task Manager and clean the Memory. The memory before that game may be loaded till 120 MB. After I clear the memory it may became the 95 MB. But after I played the game it may be 130 MB. The clear memory that time would give me about 78 or 87 MB only. The whole memory is the 160 MB. So, it may be the Man-On-A-Middle between the phone loadable microchip and ROOT Server. I have no idea. Unfortunatelly, my own father, the RADIO-ENGINEER, dye in 1997, and I have not enough education to find it by myself it today. i have to study a few four years college with American security clearance glooky. So, is here somebody who may help me find what the cause is in the slow phone? is it slow NETWORK, is it SLOW microchip, or it is the too many processes on a background?? By the WebrootSecureAnywhere it looks like the only single processes. So, what is the problem? and what is the best and cheapest way to solve it?
Userlevel 7
A lot of the speculations you're making are based on faulty assumptions about how Android devices work. The actual problem is with the amount of RAM in the device. 256MB of RAM is insufficient for many modern apps, and the more modern apps you stack up in the phone, the faster you'll run out of RAM. Your phone was one of the last phones made with 256MB of RAM. Shortly thereafter, around 2011, the minimum was considered to be 512MB. Today, phones are released with 2GB of RAM in them - 8 times the memory you have in yours. To put this in terms of PC's, this situation is basically analogous to asking to why a Pentium 3 is slower than an i7. I'm sorry to say it, but your phone is slow because it has a very low amount of RAM installed in it. It's probably time to look at getting a new device if you want to continue to keep up with the latest games, etc, which is one of the things you've indicated you use the device for.
Do you believe that all the applications stay in the phone memory? The phone memory is the loadable microchip. The microchip is a piece of semicondactor in which the laser burnt the p-n layers create the diods, transistors and resistors of the same diods p-n form. The modern technologies allow use almost molecular level to create cells for the RAM memory. But I guess that the APPS have the encryption strings to allow the phone connect to "SERVER" of the APP company and download from server the game content into game frame in phone. I guess that the ROOT may be developed on that way.

I have no idea how does it work but I feel as like somebody should stop provide the additional servises for psychiatrists on the side of the apps developings.

May be these are just my ambitions. Probably, I need through the old phone, You are right. For example, the old Zenonia worked fine, the Zenonia 2 worked fine, the Zenonia 3 worked fine, the Zenonia 4 worked fine, but Zenonia 5 cannot be used because of the blank colors after a download. Actually, I uninstalled all games. I have no time for them. I use to study in College. BUT, I want the SPY MILITARY DEVELOPERS stop control my phone for the spy in Russia.

I think that the case closed and problem solved. Thank you.
  With great estimation for You and Your business. Alexander.

5-18-2013 at 4:04 PM.