Solved

Some Toolbar Imports not working

• 29 April 2013
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
In doing some additional reading and checking on the Import functions for the Password Toolbar, I may have found a function that is not working correctly, or at least not as described.

Click the Toolbar, Tools, Import From, Other.

This will open a new browser window for the Import screen.  On the drop down, choose "Generic CSV File", and you should get a new screen that has descriptions of how to adjust files that are in csv format, but not in the same format that Webroot uses.

The section that I am having problems with is "If you want to import a Secure Note instead of a Site, simply ensure the 'url', 'username', and 'password' columns are left blank (or omit the 'url', 'username', and/or 'password' columns entirely), and ensure the 'extra' column is not blank. As long as these two things have been done, the record will automatically be imported as a Secure Note instead of a Site."

I attempted to Import a Secure note with the following data in the csv file:

extra,grouping
test note number one,secure notes
Test note number two to see how this works,secure notes

After parsing the file, the data appeared correctly and according to the import function it was a success.  I am not, however, able to locate this data anywhere in the toolbar, or when logged into the Console and managing the Passwords there.  

I assumed that maybe the problem is that my grouping name of "secure notes" did not previously exist.. so I manually added the group from within the Console.  I then used the Console import function (Which is a bit different) to re-Import the data.

Once again, even though the return was a success on the Import, the data does not appear.  The new group "secure notes" does appear in the Console listings, but not in the Toolbar.  There is no data in the "secure notes" group in the Console however.

Windows Vista, Service Pack 1, Chrome (Current) if that makes any difference.

I have waited at least 15 minutes to account for any synch time needed, but the data is still absent.  I also tried to Import that data as both Webroot data and as Generic CSV File data: all attemps "success", but not data actually saved.

icon

Best answer by JimM 30 April 2013, 18:19

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
That's legacy text that needs to be removed. There is no "Secure Note" feature in the product at this time. I'll see if we can get that text removed. Good catch!
Userlevel 7
Well... I have not tried to import a note with full columns but empty data for URL. Username and Password. I know what to test tonight to see if I can get it to work 🙂