sqlite3.dll tagged as malware

• 23 October 2013
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Am running Webroot SecureAnywhere on a desktop with XP installed.
last night sqlite3.dll in c:programfilesox sync came up as malware, the system isolated it and ran a second scan which came back as clean.
Problem is that when BOX starts on boot up, box sync comes back as not loaded.

Is SecureAnywhere at fault, or has something sinister corrupted the file,
do I restore to an earlier date or reinstate the quaranteened file or reinstall BOX?

in anticipation,  thanks

Ade

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
I've raised a priority business support case regarding this.
In 30 minutes right click the Webroot tray icon > refresh configuration.
This should repair it as I assume they will have it fixed by then. False detections are centrally restored and repaired once your computer checks in with their systems.

Business users have enhanced threat information views, I'll post here once I see the detection is reversed.
Userlevel 3
Thanks Explanoit, as it's 00.36 am and I need to start early for work, I will try your fix this evening.
Your prompt reply  and assistance is much appreciated

Thanks Ade
Userlevel 3
Hi explanoit, having right clicked on the system tray icon, there is no option to refreshconfiguration'  sorry.

Ade
Userlevel 3
Have reinstated the file from quaranteen and everything seems ok since  (5 days ago)

roadhog
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Have reinstated the file from quaranteen and everything seems ok since  (5 days ago)

roadhog
Hi Roadhog,

Can you post the MD5 of the file in question please? I would like to look into why this file was flagged. 

Thanks!
EamonF
Userlevel 3
Can do, can you provide instructions  on how to do this (Is it in the Threat Log?)

Thanks Ade
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
@ wrote:
Can do, can you provide instructions  on how to do this (Is it in the Threat Log?)

Thanks Ade
Yes if you right click on the WSA tray icon, select "Save a Scan Log" and go to the time / date the file in question was determined. You may copy the entire line if you prefer. 

Thanks!
EamonF
Userlevel 3
Hi EamonF, have done as you said, however there is no entry for that date and time (24th Oct)

Ade
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Can you PM me your license / keycode please and I will look into it for you.