Solved

WSA and Adobe AIR

• 30 October 2013
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Guys,

I have a question to which the answer seems obvious, but I would like to make sure and ask for your opinions.
Does WSA need Adobe Air to work properly? Can I uninstall AIR without any consequences for Webroot's efficiency and funcionality??

Regards,

Mike
icon

Best answer by Miquell 31 October 2013, 20:12

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
WSA is programmed in C and has no dependencies for any functionality, other than requiring Windows XP SP2 or higher.

Edit: I guess they bumped the IE requirement to IE7 for the Web Threat Shield, but there's no one on earth that should be running that unless it's a corporate PC.
Userlevel 7
I asked, because on one of computers I've been using TuneUp Utilities 2013.
In the "Autostart Options" , among others, I have entries: "Install Webroot FF / Install IE".  I've manually deactivated them for a while and after reactivation, I received a prompt, that these entries for full functionality require also Adobe AIR to run in the background - I disabled it's entry in the startup a long ago.

Thanks explanoit, now when I know what's all about I can uninstall AIR witout any doubts :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
If your seeing these in Start up don't delete or disable them as they are used for users that have limited user accounts for there children and other members of the family for functionality of WSA Password Management Toolbar in LUA's even used in Business accounts without Administrators access rights. Also I'm not sure if Adobe Air would have anything to do with WSA's functionality in which I would doubt?

HTH,

Daniel

Userlevel 7
Hi Daniel,

That's what I did, thanks for the advice:D

Regards,

Mike