Solved

Backup or Sync of folders on non-local drive

I was hoping to use the backup and/or sync feature on a folder that resides on a SD card, that I keep plugged in to my laptop, for personal storage. I'm assuming that this isn't supported. Setting a Sync folder fails and I get a message about "non-local" drives. Is this correct, any folders used for the backup and sync operations have to be on a local (non-remavable) drive?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 6 June 2014, 04:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Welcome mcramblet! I don't believe you can use backup and sync on an SDCard. But here's some information if you would like to view this video.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/How-to-use-Backup-amp-Sync/ta-p/71377
Maybe Some one like @ could advise you further....
Please post back if you need more help or have more questions. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Hello there, welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am pretty sure Sherry is correct that Backup&Sync cannot be used with an SDCard, but I am going to try to do some double checking.

I do have a quick question: what version of WSA do you have?  Backup&Sync comes standard only with WSA-Complete.  You have posted in the forum for WSA-Internet Security Plus, which would not have Backup&Sync. 

No problem if you have WSA-Complete and posted in the wrong one... I know it can be confusing!  We dont mind, just wanted to check as if you DO have WSA-IS+ then you probably don't have permissions for it.  (The error in your post itself DOES indicate that you DO indeed have access to Backup&Sync, but as I said, I am just double checking here)

Use Google drive and dropbox to backup or Sync of folders on non-local drive
Yes, I do have WSA Complete, so I guess I didn't post this in the correct spot.

I can certainly figure out some work arounds for backing up the data on the SD card, it just would be really handy to be able to use the function with Webroot.
Userlevel 7
I would suggest you go to the Ideas Exchange above.  Look for an Idea regarding it, and if one is there put a Kudo on it and comment both.  I am sorry I am on my tablet so cannot quickly/easily search that for you :(

If no Idea exists, then create one asking to have removable devices added to B&S capabilities.  I will certainly Kudo it!

No worries about post in wrong area...it can be confusing as to which place to post 🙂   It can help us only so that we know what WSA features should be turned on when trying to help but it is not a big deal/problem :-)