Best Buy version expires

• 4 September 2014
  • 2 replies

• New Voice
  • 5 replies
My Best Buy WSA subscription expires in 35 days. I'm not renewing it from them. I bought the WSA plus from Amazon for 3 pc's.    Do I uninstall the old versions and install the new version on the day it expires or a day before?  Thanks in advance,  dl.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
My Best Buy WSA subscription expires in 35 days. I'm not renewing it from them. I bought the WSA plus from Amazon for 3 pc's.    Do I uninstall the old versions and install the new version on the day it expires or a day before?  Thanks in advance,  dl.
Welcome dl to the Community Forum,

Since you are using the Best Buy WSA, I would uninstall Bestbuy version and install your Amazon for 3 devices.I'm sure you can uninstall the day it expires. Heres some information in our KB explaining how to add to your online console. 

Since BestBuy has different installers then WSA,
I would suggest its best to uninstall and install WSA.. then adding the new keycode to your online account, I believe adding a new console will stop the renewal notices from Best Buy.

As it states in the knowlede Base article,if you use the Password Management feature, support will need to assist you in this process to retain functionality beyond the expiration date of the original keycode.  Please contact support for assistance in associating your account to the proper keycode.

Maybe TripleHelix or Baldrick can advise further here.;)

If you have any problems just come back to us and we will gladly assist you in getting things working up to par!

Have a Great Day,

Regards,

Userlevel 7
Hi dl

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I completely agree with what Sherry has advised...if changing from the Best Buy version to the Webroot standard version I would uninstall the former and download and install the latter, and you will need to contact Support with details of Best Buy & Webroot keycodes so they can look to transfer across your PM data.

Regards, Baldrick