Can Best Buy Subscriptions be upgraded?

• 28 December 2013
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
I recently purchased a new laptop from Best Buy and received a 3 yr / 3 device Webroot SA Internet Security Plus subscription.  I've already used up the 3 devices and was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the Best Buy subscription to add more systems and/or upgrade to SA Complete (presuming through Geek Squad if that's even an option).  If I click the link within my portal account, I'm simply taken to the Geek Squad page where I'm only given the option of extending my existing subscription by a year.

If neither option is available, is my best bet going to be purchasing a new code that I'd associate with any subsequent systems I want to install SA on?  If I have to go this route, can I manage multiple codes through my Webroot account?

- Bill

3 replies

Userlevel 7
I do not think Best Buy will be able to upgrade your current subscription, but you can contact them at 1.800.BESTBUY to double check. 

The answer to your second question is yes. You can manage multiple keycodes from your online account.
Userlevel 7
Mike is correct.  All Best Buy Subscriptions are for 3 users, and it is not possible to add more.  You can purchase another Best Buy Subscription, and add that key code to the same Online Account and manage both subcriptions (two key codes each with 3 users) from within the same console.

Userlevel 7
I missed a part of the answer here: regarding upgrading to WSA-Complete.

That is also not possible with the Best Buy Subscriptions.  All Best Buy Subscriptions have roughly the same features as WSA-Internet Security Plus.

WSA-Complete has the additional feature of Backup&Synch that the Best Buy Subscription and WSA-IS+ do not have.

The Best Buy does have some small differences from WSA-IS+ in that it does have the System Optimizer built in, but not the System Analyzer.  Other than that the feature set is the same as far as I know.