cannot install new Webroot software purchased on Amazon.

• 26 February 2016
  • 1 reply

I purchased Webroot software from Amazon.  I click download and do not automatically see a drop down bos for installing the software.  Instead, I find an install and click it.  I then see a Webroot box that says I am in need of up-dating my Webroot software.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi vonZimm

Welcome to the Community Forums.

In fact the most important thing with any purchase is not the software installer it self but rather whether you have received/purchased a valid subscription/keycode.

We are not fans of Amazon-sourced purchases as we have come across some fraudulent transactions emanating from the site over the years but let us take a positive approach here and assume that you subscription is legitimate.

If that is the case then I would recommend that you dispense with the Amazon download and follow these install instructions; please follow the steps below closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example:SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE). Let us know if you need the Mac installer as er can provde a link for that.
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode when so requested in the install process
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot
Let us know what transpires and if there are any issues with the installation.

Regards, Baldrick