how can you tell webroot to allow a site to open?

• 6 September 2016
  • 1 reply

I cannot open a website that I normally visit daily. Everything else opens okay. If I go to the website on my iPhone, it works fine. Is there some way to tell webroot to allow the website to open?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi aimhigh

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Is the issue that you have because every time you try to access the site in question you get the Webroot Blkock Page coming up, i.e.,

If so then to achieve what you are looking to do you should as a temporary measure clcik on the 'Tell me more about it' link which will open another page which will amonsgt other things have an option to 'Unblock and proceed'.

You should only use that option if you are certain that the website that you are going to is safe, and if you do WSA will (i) whitelist the site locally so that the next time you try to go there you should not see the block page, & (ii) should notify the Webroot Threat Researchers of the override so that they can check out the site again in case there is a need to reclassify its reputation.

Also, you can click on the 'I want to request a website review' link to submit a more direct request that the site's classification be reviewed and hopefully adjust to not be blocked assuming that it is actually safe.

Wll, I hope that helps? If not then please come back and let us know and we will try to help further.

Regards, Baldrick