Solved

How do you uninstall the trial version of Webroot so that you can install the full version?

• 5 February 2016
  • 2 replies

So I installed a trial version of Webroot on my Mom's computer so she could test it out. It expired a few months ago but she left it on to do scans. I just renewed my Webroot on my computer and was going to give my Mom the product key since I can have it on three computers. I couldn't figure out how to just put the new product key in, so I figured I'd just uninstall Webroot and reinstal it to activate the product key screen. But Webroot will not completely leave my Mom's computer. I tried uninstaling it the normal way, and it's not on the "Program and Features" screen anymore. I've also gone through and erased all Webroot files from the computer and restart it. Webroot doesn't show up when the computer comes back on, but as soon as we download Webroot again it just pops back up like it never erased and doesn't give me the option to enter the new product key. Is there another way to enter the product key in? Or just another way to uninstal it so she can have it as well?
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 5 February 2016, 22:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi KatBC

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you can access the application, i.e., you can get to the main app panel then the way you enter and activate a new keycode is as follows:

and then

Try that and hopefully that will work for you. But if not and you need to unistall the application completely then please read through this KB Article that explains how to remove WSA if you do not have the option on the Control Panel Add Remove applet, etc.

Any further questions please ask.

Regards, Baldrick

Hello Baldrick!

Thank you so very much! It activated instantly. I didn't even think to hit the settings on My Account. I really appreciated the help, and my Mom did too.

Have a great day/night!