I ham still having trouble Backing up my computer and updating it. It is very slow. What can I do ?

• 12 September 2016
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
What can I do to keep it running better?

2 replies

Hello Lorrainecrouchet,

Would it be possible for you to tell us a little more about your issues?

What version of Windows do you have?  Example: Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows XP

How old is your computer?

Have you tried Windows update? To do this click on the Start button and type "Windows Update" (without quotes) then hit enter. You should then see which updates need installing. Click on the "Install Updates" Button.

You could also try the Windows Disk Cleanup tool to help speed up your computer. Click on Start button and type "Disk Cleanup" (without quotes) and hit enter. Select your C: drive and click OK.

As far as backups; what type of device are you trying to backup to. External Hard Drive, DVD, cloud folder? What program are you using to do the backups?

If you could provide some more information it would help us greatly. Please click the black "Reply" button at bottom of this post to reply directly to this post. Without a back and forth dialog it will be impossible to assist you. Do you have a friend that could help you out when communicating here in the Community?

Please try and respond to us so that we can help you out.:)

Thanks,
BD
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
? you posted a few issues but you don't reply to the first responder's why? We can't help you if you don't reply. https://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/user-id/36029

Daniel