i installed webroot, why doesn't it show up on the "PC" menu in? Its already running on my pc

• 31 August 2016
  • 1 reply

I installed webroot on my new pc, went through all the steps, and went back to the menu to make sure everything was in proper order. My pc doesn't show up on the "PC" menu as protected. I activated and even ran a full scan after installation. I was wondering why its not showing up? Did i miss a step?  
Its saying I need to download it from the webroot webstie and go through all the steps again. I ran it from the CD. 
Just curious as to why and what I may have done wrong. 
Thanks in advance! 
Have a great day!!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi lolsmarty

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Apologies but I do not understand what you mean by "My pc doesn't show up on the "PC" menu as protected."? Exactly what do you mean by the "PC" menu? Are you referring to the Start Menu/Start Button (depends on version of Windows being run)?

If that is the case then the answer is that it will appear under the 'All Programs' / 'All Applications' listing that is available the Start Menu/Start Button; to access it you will have to navigate down the list of installed application looking for the Webroot Folder.

If that is not what yo are referring to then please post back with more details.

Regards, Baldrick