Solved

Just renewed my subscription on 9/4 but still shows expired. Is this a problem?

• 7 September 2014
  • 12 replies

Just renewed my subscription on 9/4 but still shows expired. Is this a problem?
icon

Best answer by ppprmntpaddy 10 September 2014, 18:58

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ppprmntpaddy

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Did you purchase/renew through Best Buy by any chance?  If so then it can take a little while for the renewal/subscription to work its way thorugh the system.  I would give it until tomorrow and if you do not see the renewal by then I would contact Best Buy to check on what is happening.

Regards, Baldrick
Originally purchased Webroot through BestBuy but renewed online.  Will recheck tomorrow though.  Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Hi ppprmntpaddy

You are most welcome...the diffference in the Best Buy and Webroot direct renewals does cause some confusion.

The Best Buy renewal does not actually activate until your subscription has actually expired (but you are fully protected for a grace period pending the renewal) even if you renew a few days before expiration, as I understand it.  With Webroot on the otherhand your new subscription period is added to whatever time you have left on your current subscription as soon as you renew.

Anyway, as I said above if you subscription is actually expired you are still covered pending the renewal activating.

Do let us know how this pans out for you.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

Also to add that Best Buy do there renewing in Batches so it could take 24 to 48 hours and if you need to contact them please see here: http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/geeksquad-dl

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Still shows expired but seems to be functioning okay.
Userlevel 7
Hi ppprmntpaddy

Thanks for coming back to let us know how things are going re. this.

I think that this is one that requires the rather special and exclusive services of our most excellent Community Manager @ Nic, would you be able to see if you are able to elucidate the position re. ppprmntpaddy lack of renewal acknowledgement? ;)  It sems that usual lag period has come and gone with no resolution as per usual.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It looks like you switched over to a new keycode - the old keycode is a Best Buy subscription.  If you're on the new keycode then it should your subscription as having a year left.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic

Thanks as always for your timely intervention. :D

Regards, Baldrick
So do I have to do anything to resolve this or will it be okay but just showing expired?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Since you're switching from Best Buy to direct purchase, you should probably uninstall and reinstall with the new keycode.  The Best Buy installer is different from the regular one, which you can get here:
http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/zerol/wsainstall.exe

Let me know if you need the new keycode and I can PM that to you.
It worked!  Many thanks for a simple solution!  Gotta love it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
It worked!  Many thanks for a simple solution!  Gotta love it!

You're very welcome!  Please let us know if we can help you with anything else.