New Computer Won't Add To Webconsole

• 27 September 2014
  • 4 replies

I have a 2 year/5 PC license. I had Webroot installed on four PCs, but recently I got a new PC. I deactivated the one I was replacing in my webconsole, but now the new one won't add.

When I click on add, it tells me to install webroot and activate with keycode. So I did everything step by step. Installation went fine, but it just never shows in the webconsole. I've been waiting for two days for it to appear.

(PS: I could not uninstall Weroot from my old computer because the HD crashed and I couldn't access it.)

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I have a 2 year/5 PC license. I had Webroot installed on four PCs, but recently I got a new PC. I deactivated the one I was replacing in my webconsole, but now the new one won't add.

When I click on add, it tells me to install webroot and activate with keycode. So I did everything step by step. Installation went fine, but it just never shows in the webconsole. I've been waiting for two days for it to appear.

(PS: I could not uninstall Weroot from my old computer because the HD crashed and I couldn't access it.)
Hello dmarlow,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

To get the new key code to display in the console, you will probably need to log into it, select Manage Key Codes, and add them to the console manually: activating the key code on the computer will not automatically add it to the console.  Often people decide to own multiple key codes and keep them on separate consoles, so you this isn't done automatically.  Once you add it, the protected PC should show back up in the Console within 30 minutes.

Please have a look here http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/663/Adding-devices-with-different-keycodes ...did you do this already.
Also check out this article.  http://live.webrootanywhere.com/content/664/Managing-consoles

Please Submit a Support Ticket if you are still having problems.

Best Regards

I tried renaming and creating a new console. Neither worked.

Renaming did nothing. Creating a new account/console wouldn't allow - it said contact an administrator.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi. dmarlow,

I apologize for this issue but unless one of our other Community gurus can assist here..I'm thinking the best way to solve this is to Contact Support as mentioned since it's free to do so and they are pretty quick in responding through your email.

Please let us know how it's going ok?

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
 Hi dmarlow

Welcome to the Community Fora.

May I check that you have installed and activated WSA on the new PC? And run a scan since doing that?

The feason Imask is that I have never ever registered a device via the Web Console...they appear in the Console when I install and activate the client on the PC. You have 5 licenses and have used 4, therefore I can see no reason why the new PC will not register...so I would suggest uninstalling WSA from that PC, REBOOTING, installingbWSA again making sure not to import any previous settings, and then REBOOT again.

Once you have done that run a scan and then check your Console to see if the new PC is now recognised/registered.

Do let us know how you get on eitherway.

Regards, Baldrick