Question about " Personal Security Report "

• 26 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Today I checked out the Personal Security Report and it gave me results from 04-25-16 through 10-25-16. What surprised me is that the report indicated that the last scan was performed on 10-15-16 at 5:15PM. I know for a fact that I do a scan every day and was wondering why the Security Report date differed from the actual scans that are  performed.

Thanks Webroot Community for your feedback, its appreciated.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ROBERT1725

I hope that you are well?

This has been remarked on before by a number of members who have reported something similar (I have also seen it but because I see the Security Report so rarely I have forgotten about it).

I suspect that the functionality is not working completely correctly or there may be an issue in terms of reporting back to the Cloud the position of the local client (would be interesting to tsee what the online console reports as the last scan date & time).

If the issue is causing you concern then I would Open a Support Ticket and let the Support Team know the details so that the can investigate and perhap give you an official response.

Hope that helps?

Regards, Baldrick
And hi to you  Baldrick. I'm weller than ever, and hope you are too.. thanks. Actually I'm not all that concerned as long as Webroot is performing its due diligence by keeping my computer safe and sound. On a side note, I was looking at Amazon today and see that there is a 2017 Internet Security Plus version available. Mine is due in a few Months so I plan on renewing it through Amazon but directly from Webroot.

Can you tell me what might be new in the 2017 disc as opposed to the 2016 disc which I currently have ? Thanks Baldrick, stay well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:

Can you tell me what might be new in the 2017 disc as opposed to the 2016 disc which I currently have ?
You don't need the Disc as we can supply the download links to the PC or the Mac version if you or anyone asks!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
And hi to you  Baldrick. I'm weller than ever, and hope you are too.. thanks. Actually I'm not all that concerned as long as Webroot is performing its due diligence by keeping my computer safe and sound. On a side note, I was looking at Amazon today and see that there is a 2017 Internet Security Plus version available. Mine is due in a few Months so I plan on renewing it through Amazon but directly from Webroot.

Can you tell me what might be new in the 2017 disc as opposed to the 2016 disc which I currently have ? Thanks Baldrick, stay well.
Hi ROBERT1725

Glad to hear that you are "weller than ever"! :D

If I may add to what Daniel has posted...the Year or Calendar moniker is really a marketing gimmick (perhaps too strong a word) given that Webroot operate a policy of continual improvement, so as long as you have an active subscription you will always have the latest release version of WSA; whether automatically updated by the push update from the Webroot Cloud or by the download links that Daniel offered to send you. So as he says 'no need for the disc'.

And whether you renew your subscription, via a real renewal or a pseudo one, i.e, which entails buyinga new one so you get a new keycode, what I stated before applies; active subscription = automatically pushed latest version. :D

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick