Solved

Recent Windows 10 upgrade installed in one PC, then later will not appear in Windows update

• 29 November 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Seems to have vanished later for my second PC. Is it safe to have in first PC, since I seem to remember fron some source that Microsoft quickly snatched it up?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 29 November 2015, 16:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? i don't really get it with what you mean that you installed the upgrade and then it dissapeared on the second one. Once you get that windows 10 upgrade icon to appear it stays there unless you remove a certain KB file which is a requirement for that upgrade notifier to appear. 

At home i run a mix of Windows Xp, Windows 7 and Windows 10 and on the one or 2 Win7 machines i refuse to upgrade ( because my wife doesn't like W10 as she thinks it's too difficult ) the upgrade notifier just sits there and waits.

Microsoft temporarely removed the version 1511 ( build 10586 ) from Microsoft Update but if i'm correct it should be back there again for you to download & install it.  Anyhow feel free to post & reply if you have further questions. There will allways be someone around to help you 
Userlevel 7
Good morning!

I THINK I understand, though I am not sure.  A couple weeks ago, Microsoft accidentally set Windows Update to AUTOMATICLLY update Windows 7 and 8 to Windows 10 if the user did not opt out of it.  That is the update they pulled back out pretty quickly.

As for is it safe to install Windows 10?  Yes.  The only reason that update was snatched back up was due to complaints about the automatic upgrade to Windows 10 (That really was a very very bad error....).

I hope this answers the question!
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
I was already running Win 10 on both PC.  Last Wednesday one PC upgraded to 1511.  Two days later its not showing in Win Update for second PC.  Thanks.  Maybe it will show up soon. Is there a link to the revised/repaired 1511 Media Creation Tool?
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
If it's indeed back you should be able to get it with the media creation tool from the standard location. Can't try for you at home as i lack a USB drive that's big enough to house it and i don't want to sacrifice & wipe off a 1Tb external disc for it. Maybe some of the other experts here can answer & confirm/deny it

?If you really want to know then give me 48 hrs to get in touch with a Microsoft consultant i know from another community. He'll fill me & you in on that if it's ok with you
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi!

I used this one the other day..

Download the tool: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209 from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
Userlevel 7
Badge +7
Thank You.  Don't bother.  Ms Sherry just posted the link I need.  Kudos!
Userlevel 7
Badge +6
@ wrote:
Thank You.  Don't bother.  Ms Sherry just posted the link I need.  Kudos!
Yes, @ 's real good. Wish i can be an expert like her one day :$