renew using disk

• 16 September 2014
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have 4 PC's all running an older version of webroot secureanywhere complete. Rather than renewing online, I went to best buy and purchased a 2 year, 5 station license package. But now when i attempt to install the program on one of the machines with the old version, it only brings up the "renew" web page and i cant find a place to enter my new keycode, only a place to purchase an update. The new disk works fine on the one machine which did not have webroot already, but i want to use the disk to update the other computers now. Can this be done? Do i need to un-install the old version? any help is much appreciated.
Thanks! -Rich

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello,

I have 4 PC's all running an older version of webroot secureanywhere complete. Rather than renewing online, I went to best buy and purchased a 2 year, 5 station license package. But now when i attempt to install the program on one of the machines with the old version, it only brings up the "renew" web page and i cant find a place to enter my new keycode, only a place to purchase an update. The new disk works fine on the one machine which did not have webroot already, but i want to use the disk to update the other computers now. Can this be done? Do i need to un-install the old version? any help is much appreciated.
Thanks! -Rich
Welcome ottolino to the Community Forum!

Please uninstall your older versions of WSAC and the do a fresh install. But please have a look at this User Guide as well.

Also make sure you have your passwords backed up in Password Manager. Have a look Here  &   Here

Let us know if you need further assistance for we have alot of knowlegable Forum Member who will gladly help.

Forgot to mention if you bought from Best Buy then you should recieve free support from the Geek Squad!

Best Regards,