The webroot toolbar is installed to IE not Chrome. How do I move it to Chrome?

• 11 September 2014
  • 1 reply

I am a Google Chrome user. My husband is as well but he has a webroot toolbar to use for saving passwords but I do not. When I look at an uninstaller program I have it shows that the toolbar installed to Internet Explorer not Chrome. I long ago deleted Internet Explorer from my computer so I am not sure what's going on. I have uninstalled the software and reinstalled as well as used the toolfix.exe. The toolfix said there was something not enabled for the toolbar in Internet Explorer but I do not use IE. What do I do to get it in Chrome?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi pebblerock

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There is a trick that can be used in these circumstances.  You need to navigate to the following folder:

C:ProgramDataWRDataPKG

and in that folder look for a file with the name 'lpchrome.crx'.  You can do this by pasting the path in the 'Search and program file' box at the bottom of the Start Menu (in WIndows 7)

Open a browser window in Chrome, drag a copy of the file and drop it in the window...which should activate the usual chrome addon/extension installation process...and that should result in the Webroot Toolbar icon appearing.

Let us know how you get on with that.

Regards, Baldrick