Solved

TuneUp Utilities 2013 is a virus? Help

• 30 April 2015
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
I saw on my computer that this was trying to update but the problem is the language is german. I dont speak german so i try to unistall and it wont work, then i try to delete the folder and that wont work. I did a scan with webroot and it said it was clean but when I blocked a couple of files in the folder and then did a virus scan it said it was a virus. So is it a virus or not?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 30 April 2015, 02:25

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello Bat72,

Welcome to the Commujnity Forum,

The TuneUp Utilities 2013 presents itself as a legitimate hard drive repair application, but in reality this is a fake program that is nothing more than can cause  damage to your hard drive. This malicious application performs several harmful activities like hiding the data files, displaying fake alerts, modifying windows registry, and disabling the security tools. The TuneUp Utilities 2013 distributed through compromised web pages by using the loopholes in the security of your system. Once installed, this malicious application shows that you have to start the system in the safe mode, and also shows the fake safe mode background to trap the innocent computer users

Have you tried Revo uninstaller?
Revo Uninstaller  Information and Download
  • Third Party Utility  Included even though a third party utility due to recommendation.  Free and fuller featured pro versions available, this utility helps remove stubborn remnants standard uninstalls can leave behind. 
This isn't easy to remove for a novice user. So I recommend that you submit a
Support Ticket free of charge with an active subscription. Support can take a look at this for you.

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,
Userlevel 1
Thank you very much this was very helpfull :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Bat72,

You are certainly welcome!

Please let us know how things are going won't you?:D It's very valuable to others with similair circumstances!

Kind Regards!
Userlevel 1
The Revo Uninstaller worked. It found where all of files and folders were located and it deleted them thank you again. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Bat72,

Thank you for letting us know!:D

Have a great night!