Using password manager

• 3 November 2013
  • 4 replies

• Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
This is a new computer that I installed Webroot on and while attempting to use the password manager I get this error code 10 with the reason (xmlhttperror) and have no idea what that means. Also, any type of assistance needs to be simply stated because I am not very technical in computer language. Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello CVD and welcome to the Webroot Community!

That error generally means that a web page component failed to read or load correctly.  The Password Manager, being a browser plugin, means that it is written in 'browser code' so that the browser can use it.

What Operating System do you have?
What browser did you have open when tring to use the Password Manager?  What version of the browser?

I do not think I have seen this error before, but I think it could be caused by using an older browser or one that is not supported.
I am using Windows 7 with Explorer 10. Hope this helps somehow.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I am using Windows 7 with Explorer 10. Hope this helps somehow.
That helps a lot, as that is exactly what I have on my computer.  Possibly there is something corrupt in the browser extensions.  There is a fix utility that Webroot Support has access to if you submit a Trouble Ticket (Link below), and possibly @ or another Webroot Mod is around that can help you get it and use it to see if that will work.  
Userlevel 7
I'll send you a private message, CVD.