Solved

webroot stops scanning when it reaches 68%.

• 29 August 2014
  • 4 replies

webroot detected malware and removed it but as always it wanted to do another scan just to be sure.  I chose to do this but scan gets to 68% and freezes.  even the timer stops advancing. after 5 minutes I try cancel scan and nothing happens.  it will finally return to the home screen and ask again if i want to scan since it detected a virus.  i have done this over and over with the same results.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 29 August 2014, 22:09

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
webroot detected malware and removed it but as always it wanted to do another scan just to be sure.  I chose to do this but scan gets to 68% and freezes.  even the timer stops advancing. after 5 minutes I try cancel scan and nothing happens.  it will finally return to the home screen and ask again if i want to scan since it detected a virus.  i have done this over and over with the same results.
Hello bob1903
Welcome to the Community..May I ask what operssting system you are running? Because a Mac does have that issue at times and a clean install usually works or issueing a Support Ticket can fix you right up!

Please get back to us so we can assist you further ..

Thank you!
i am using windows 7
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
i am using windows 7
Hi Bob, Did you want to do a clean install?

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for all of the following steps
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue? If not then we will look at alternative avenues to try and solve this for you.

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Hi bob1903

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Please take a look at/read of this previous thread on the same topic that includes a Solution or two that may be of use to you...one of which is what Sherry has recommended re. a uninstall/clean reinstall.

Regards

Baldrick