Solved

Where is backup and sync option?

• 21 August 2014
  • 4 replies

Bestbuy Geeks installed Webroot, and the example they give has backup and sync option on dashboard. When I login to webroot dashboard -ONLINE, not the install on my computer, the backup and sync option is not there. I tried asking them if it was removed or whatever - they had no clue what is going on, and told me to contact Webroot myself. Apparently they have hooks into my webroot install because when I click the help/contact information from the online account, it give me the geek squad numbers, not the webroot. Since this software install is best buy supported, you would think they would be more helpful.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 21 August 2014, 05:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Hmm i got it on my laptop, very stange...
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Bestbuy Geeks installed Webroot, and the example they give has backup and sync option on dashboard. When I login to webroot dashboard -ONLINE, not the install on my computer, the backup and sync option is not there. I tried asking them if it was removed or whatever - they had no clue what is going on, and told me to contact Webroot myself. Apparently they have hooks into my webroot install because when I click the help/contact information from the online account, it give me the geek squad numbers, not the webroot. Since this software install is best buy supported, you would think they would be more helpful.
Welcome jimbob35 to the Webroot Community Forum. :D
Sorry for your problems with Webroot Backup & Sync,
May I lead you to our Knowledge Base Article here: and also here;

Also heres a link to BestBuy Geek Squad and there Support number is 1.800.Geeksquad, If you want to try and contact and issue a support ticket  Here
Not sure how much help can be provided since you are a BestBuy Customer.

If you can't get the Geek Squad to help you then come back here and explain your issue in more detail with what vesion of WSA that you have and we might be able to assist you further.

Maybe a clean install would be in order. But first call BestBuy GeekSquad again for assistance for it will be free support if you purchased from them. Also have you tried your online Web Console to see whats going on in there?

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

I don't think the Best Buy Subscription via Geek Squad has Back Up & Sync it only has the Password Manager and mostly sure it has the Optimizer as well maybe @ can say for sure! @ 

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I don't think the Best Buy version offers that, but I'll double-check to make sure.