Will WebRoot password manager export passwords to a different password manager?

• 29 December 2016
  • 3 replies

What happens to my passwords in WebRoot password manager if my WebRoot license expires? Will it export them to a different password manager? Will it let me import them onto a file in my PC? 

In fact, does WebRoot allow me to import passwords onto a PC file now? 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi TheEditor

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you currently use Internet Security Plus and the Password Manager, then moving to a new keycode will mean that you can no longer access your data stored against the old keycode...so if this is the case you will need to Open a Support Ticket and ask the Support Team to transfer the data from current to new keycode, once you have activated the latter...you have about 30 days to do that before the data is deleted.

If you decide not to renew then you still have the 30 day grace period to export them manually but this will not be done automatically for you.

In terms of the specifics of exporting data (& importing it also, for that matter) please see this page of the online help as it describes your options.

If you have any folow up questions pleas epost back withthe details and we will do our best to answer them.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +52
Htllo
Please read this article
https://www.webroot.com/En_US/SecureAnywhere/Website/Content/6_Passwords/6h_Exporting_and_importing_data.htm
WSA Passwords User Guide
https://download.webroot.com/WSAPasswordsUserGuide_8.0.1.pdf
Hello TheEditor,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Edit: I see my friend Petr has posted a link for Importing/Exporting passwords using the Password Manager in your browser. I will leave this post a reference to an alternative way to doing it in the Web Console.

You can import and export files to/from the Webroot Password Manager. The easiest way is to log in to your Web Console and go to Passwords. In the list on the right you will see the options to Import/Export your passwords. You can export as XML, HTML, or Excel.

Hope this info helps,

BD