Adding the WIFI VPN to a router

• 8 February 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have and ASUS router and I have the option to load a VPN service so all my devices would be protected.  I purchased the Webroot VPN assuming I could utilize the VPN configuration on my router.  Is there an option within Webroot to do this?  If not I would need to cancel with Webroot and utilize another VPN service.  I hate to leave as I also have the Webroot antivirus suite as well.

Please advise

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

I don’t believe this is something that is officially supported yet but I know that there were plans to add OpenVPN support which may make it at least technically possible in the near future. I don’t work on the Product Team so I am not aware of specific dates and even if it is technically possible I don’t know if this is something that will officially be supported.

It is primarily being sold as a “on the go” security solution but you are not the first customer who would prefer to use it all the time at home.

I will refer your question to our client and product teams and will hopefully have an answer for you shortly.