cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bronze VIP

Re: identiy shield question

@tmitch06905 wrote:

I searched my hard drive and there is only one vivaldi.exe program and that is the one my shorcut on the desktop points to.  This has me puzzled.

Maybe contact support they might see something to make it work? Unofficial of course.

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Bronze VIP

@TripleHelix wrote:

@TripleHelix wrote:

@tmitch06905 wrote:

@

Is there another exe for somewhat like Edge?

Well things have changed within Edge as there is only one .exe now on Windows 10 1809 build so I will have to do more testing! Unlike I posted here in March: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Complete/Adding-Microsoft-Edge-to-Protect/m-...

2018-10-26_19-45-55.png

Rats when I add Edge to the ID Shield I see the Padlock but still can't type in the address bar. Smiley Sad

2018-10-26_19-53-46.png

Daniel Bow.gif  “Truth is more of a stranger than fiction.” (Mark Twain)

EPA.giforiginal (6).png   

original.png Microsoft® Windows Insider MVP - Windows Security beta_tester_transparent.png

Alienware 17R5 Laptop with the new i9-8950HK Processor Overclock-able to 5.0GHz - 2 Samsung 960 Pro PCIe NVMe M.2 512GB + 1 Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD's with 32GB of G.SKILL Ripjaws RAM and NVIDIA GTX 1080 GPU Overclocked. Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 1809 x64.

Popular Voice

@TripleHelix

Thank you for looking at this.  I hesitate to contact support because I know they are busy and I consider this a minor issue.  Mabe I will wait a few days.  I know that Baldrick and some others here have used Vivaldi so I'll just wait and see if sombody else jumps in.

Gold VIP

Hello there!

You rang?

Have double checked the addition of vivaldi.exe to Identity Protection and it is the case that despite this the 'Golden Padlock' is NOT displayed when it is used post addition.

I find a single .exe located in "C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application", so it looks like this is one for the Support Team as all here believe that irrespective of being officially supported or not by Webroot, the 'golden padlock' should be visible.

Regards, Baldrick

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Community Leader

FWIW, try ...

C:\Users\bjms\AppData\Local\Application\vivaldi.exe

3980.png

3979.png

I C "padlock" with new default Vivaldi install.  

Regards w Respect

Gold VIP

Nope...sorry but that does not work, as previously stated.

Untitled-1.png

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete Beta Tester v9.0.24.37, imaged by Macrium Reflect v7.2

Community Leader

3981.png

I C "padlock", as previously stated.

3982.png

Regards w Respect

Community Leader

adding pic

3983.png

Popular Voice

Hi Baldrick,

First let me thank you for your response to my post on Vivaldi and Identity Shield.  You found exactly what I found.  I probably will contact support even though this is a minor issue and they are probably up to their ears in work regarding the VPN.

As an aside, what do you think of Vivaldi?  I have tried just about all the browsers.  I have become disenchanted with Chrome and Firefox.  Edge is as useless as a screen door on a submarine and I was disappointed when Opera was sold to the Chinese a couple of years ago.

Vivaldi has features that no other browser has.  I love the tab stacking that I talked about in a post elsewhere.  You can have two websites open side by side on your screen.  For example a map on the left with street view on the right so if you are going somewhere you know to turn right at the Chevron station.  The note taking lets you make notes without leaving your browser.  The quick commands are useful and have recently been updated.  Being a fast typist I appreciate that I can do everything without my fingers leaving the keyboard for a mouse.  No other browser can do all these things plus it seems to respond and load pages faster than any other browser.

Because of all that and more I have made Vivaldi my default browser which is why I would really like to see that gold padlock.

Regards.

tmitch06905

Community Leader

FWIW ~ YMMV 

3984.png