Window 10 issues

• 4 November 2015
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi

Is this what you are looking for? http://www.thewindowsclub.com/start-menu-does-not-open-windows-10
Userlevel 6
thanks Sherry i will try and see if it works
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ..

Your welcome. If you need me to research some more ..there are alot more articles with this information that I can look up for you!
Userlevel 6
thank you
Userlevel 7
Hi jhawley

I will PM you with a utility that may well help you and certainly will make it easy to undertake what Sherry has highlighted plus some other options for you to try.

Regards, Baldrick

Userlevel 7
Badge +6
? do you have the possibility to log into that box with an admin account other then the account for which you have the problems? I may be off but when i had my Windows 10a day or 2i also kinda messed up the system and corrupted my user profile.. It's not anymore like in XP where you can just use another act and then delete the user profile directory from the explorer. It'll give you an access denied on some folders even if you are administrator...

If you have another act with admin access then log in with it and see if you can hit the Windows+R combo and then enter sysdm.cpl

It'll point you to the system properties screen you should be familiar with ( this one comes from a windows 7 as i don't have my windows 10 with me )

Go to advanced& under the User profiles section hit the settings button

If you end up there and see all the profiles in there that are configured on that machine try and delete the profile that goes bonkers. You have to be logged in with a different account or it will fail. Then when done log off & reboot and then try to log in again with the account that has the problem.

If you don't have a second account i suggest you google the web for a windows 10 PE build iso and dump it on a bootable memory stick ( not just copy paste it 😃 but use the right tools for it like rufus ). Then boot from the stick & try and delete that profile dir from there.

It's a wild guess but it could be you have a corrupted profile.
Userlevel 6
thanks for the help, whenever you want to do the PM just let me know.
Userlevel 7
Hi jhawley

PM sent as promised/requested. Hope that helsp and if it does do let us know...useful to confirm how we can assist users with similar issues in the future. ;)

Regards, Baldrick