Changed password through console now browser logins don't work

Hi :)

I changed my password through the console, but the new password does not work on my browser login on either Chrome nor Firefox....Keeps giving me the failed message.  The old password doesn't work either.  Anyone know what I can do?

Using WSA-AV

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello justworkalready...Welcome to the WSA Community Forum, Sorry for your issues maybe this link can help you.
https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/How-Do-I-Change-Reset-My-Password-or-Security-Code/ta-p/33900
If this isn't helping please post back and we will further address this. And or try this link..Ok?https://my.webrootanywhere.com

Best Regards,
Userlevel 7
Hi justworkalready

Welcome to the Community Forums.

You are in good hands with SSherjj, and should check out her suggestion.  Please post back to advise if this has sorted the issue for you, and if not then we will see if we can assist further.

Regards

Baldrick

Hi SSherjj,

Thanks!  I already followed the steps found on that page, three times.  I can sign into my account through: https://my.webrootanywhere.com/

It's just when I go to sign in on my browser (Chrome and Firefox) I get that the password is incorrect, so I can't access any of my stored passwords.  

Any further help would be appreciated.  Thank you :)

Userlevel 7
There might be something corrupted in the browser add-ons, or at least they are not synching correctly.  Have you tried to uninstall them and reinstall them?  It is very easily done, in all browsers at the same time, by running the toolbarfix.exe utility.

It might help reset/resync the Password Manager for the new correct password!  (Also, make sure the email address you are using for Password Manager is the same as on the Console.)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello justworkalready, Im so sorry for this and maybe a support ticket could be issue unless @ or @ would be able to address this issue. Anyone out there to aid in this issue for "justworkalreadt?"
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello justworkalready, Im so sorry for this and maybe a support ticket could be issue unless @ or @ would be able to address this issue. Anyone out there to aid in this issue for "justworkalreadt?"
Beat you to it.     GRINZ    :S
Userlevel 7
Hi justworkalready

At this stage of proceedings I believe that you best option is to Open a Support Ticket as I would guess that the issue may well lie in the back office systems, something that we in the Community have no access to.  

If you supply/include the link to this thread as part of the ticket the Suport Team can review what has been suggested/tried already and therefore hopefully identify and resolve the issue for you.

Regards

baldrick
Thanks to all of you for your help, I did run try the toolbar fix but it didn't help.  I will do as you suggest and open a support ticket.  Thank so much for your assistance 🙂
Userlevel 7
Thank you for letting me know, I do appreciate it.  I admit I doubted it would work, but a chance for a quick and easy fix shouldn't be passed up!  Regardless of my title here, I am always still learning and always looking for new and easier ways to get things to work!

If you don't mind, let us know what support says, especially if the fix ends up being something a person can do on thier own!