Solved

Explorer.exe using up to 300mb RAM.



Show first post

366 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Yeppers it was a fluke. LOL


Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Or serendipituos! Hope they will keep it permanently and not mess it up in next update.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Well this is strange I've just installed these updates on 2 of my PCs and it's fixed the problem on one of them and made no difference on the other one! :@
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Both have same versions of WRSA?
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Yes, dtouch, they're both running version 9.0.1.35.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Thats wierd. Double check the system that has explorer takes more memory.. update.. Try reinstalling WR.

Btw me and ? are running latest beta 9.0.2.22
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Thanks dtouch following your advice andl reinstalling WSA on the Desktop and my Laptop which also had the same problem has cured the issue, but I also noticed that the new download is a newer version 9.0.2.21. I've also now updated the PC that was ok to the newer version and all is well at the moment.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Both has Explorer taking less memory now?
I am confused as to why WR had not updated to 9.0.2.21 automatically. Its supposed to do that in the cloud.
Userlevel 6
Badge +18
Yes, all 3 machines are now using a lot less Explorer memory, I was puzzled as to why they hadn't automatically updated, they usually do.
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Glad you sorted it out. Maybe a third party firewall? Enjoy the lesser memory footprint. Hope this lasts 🙂

@dtouch wrote:
I am confused as to why WR had not updated to 9.0.2.21 automatically. Its supposed to do that in the cloud.

Not surprising.
 
9.0.2.21  was only released yesterday and updates are staggered over a few days given the millions of users that have to be updated. For example, here (I live in Northern Europe) my machine is still at the moment on 9.0.1.35
Userlevel 7
Badge +55

@Muddy7 wrote:

@dtouch wrote:
I am confused as to why WR had not updated to 9.0.2.21 automatically. Its supposed to do that in the cloud.

Not surprising.
 
9.0.2.21  was only released yesterday and updates are staggered over a few days given the millions of users that have to be updated. For example, here (I live in Northern Europe) my machine is still at the moment on 9.0.1.35

Correct over a few days. If everyone got it at the same time it would overload the systems. LOL
 
Also KB3081441 is now posted by Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081441
 
Thanks,
 
Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
Well i did not know when that version was out 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
It wasn't posted at the time I posted this one: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnywhere-Antivirus/Explorer-exe-using-up-to-300mb-RAM/m-p/213175#M18330
 
Daniel 😉
Userlevel 6
Badge +10
I was talking about latest version of WR. Did not know it was released day before. 🙂
And that update from MS includes a lots of DLL... maybe the one that WR injects into as discussed earlier. Anyways.. issue solved for now. Thats all that matters 🙂

@dtouch wrote:
Well i did not know when that version was out :)

You can check here.

Reply

    Cookie policy

    We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept or continue browsing you agree to our cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

    Accept cookies Cookie settings